Chapter 6: An Email

Elijah and I finally reach the house and I head upstairs to my bedroom. I set my backpack on my bed and go back downstairs.

I go straight to the kitchen and grab a blood bag, pouring it into a mug. I put the mug into the microwave for a minute and sit on the counter to wait to for it to be finished.

Damon comes into the kitchen, smiling from ear to ear. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my cheek. I feel my cheeks turn a bright red color and I hide my face in his neck.

"How was your first day?" He asks, cockily.

"Good, I guess. It wasn't terrible like I thought it would be," I reply. "I have to go do some homework. Maybe tonight we could watch the stars at a reasonable time?"

I add the last bit knowing that Klaus could hear me from whatever room he was in.

"Absolutely."

I leave Damon's arms and speed up the stairs to my bedroom. I grab my laptop and open up a word document. I have to write a small essay on something that we would change in this world if we could.

Hm, make it illegal to let first graders have cell phones? Not a bad idea, but what else? What would I change? People are judged way too often even though they barely know the person, but that's never gonna change. What am I gonna do?

I open up a new window and log onto my email address to see if I have any new mail. And turns out I got quite a few from Lush, Hot Topic, and Forever 21. There is another one that really catches my eye.

It's from jackobblackisfasterthanseth@drymail.com. Who could that be? I click on the mail and begin to read.

Dearest sister,

I know that we haven't spoken for quite some time, but I thought it would be a good idea if I were to contact you the only way I knew that nobody would know.

Things are different now. Our parents are dead. You and I are the only ones left of the Cullen coven. I know that you have your own life with your new family and your significant other, but just know that Jacob and I will always be here for you.

I want to start by saying that I'm sorry for the way that our parents treated you when we were born. I had no idea why they treated you so terribly. I still don't to this day. It was wrong of them to treat you that way.

Please be aware that the Volturi is not taking this kindly. They are upset that Alice and Edward were murdered. The rest of the family.. well, they could care less. You know how the Volturi are. So, please be aware of your surroundings. It is up to you if you want your family to know about the Volturi's anger.

Jacob and I are currently residing in Montana. We thought we could finally get our own house and possibly start a family. I know it's soon, but Jacob and I know that we're the right ones for each other, so why wait?

Please know that you are welcome to come visit Jacob and I anytime. We are both here for you. Because what's the point in life if you don't have family? Family is everything.

I won't live forever like you will. One day Jacob and I will die. I hope you come see me before that time comes.

Even though we didn't exactly know that our parents would die so soon after our creation, I still want to be a part of your life if you would just give me the chance.