Chapter 4: Back To School

Why does school even exist? Why is homework even given out? Why is Klaus even here? Let's be honest, does the world even need Klaus since he's sending me to school? Just one less original. Not too bad, right?

"I don't wanna hear it," Rebekah says, as she picks up a pair of jeans.

"I didn't even say anything."

"You don't need to. Just by the look of your face, I could tell your plotting Klaus' death," she chuckles.

"What is with him and sending me to school? There's seriously something wrong with him," I state, looking at a Nike sweater.

"You just realized? That ship sailed a long time ago," she says, pausing to look at me.

I chuckle and look at the pile of clothes in my cart. Rebekah had insisted that she needed to take me shopping for junior year. Rebekah was mad when she saw that all I picked out were ripped jeans, t-shirts and vans.

"You need help. Why don't you get this cute pair of sandals? Or how about these heels?" Rebekah asks, holding a pair of heels that had a really skinny heel.

"No way! I'd probably fall and break my face in those!" I exclaim.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you that pretty hurts?" She asks, putting the heels back on the shelf.

I shake my head and pick up a pair of Jordans. I smile and see that they're in my size.

(Side note: wanted to make a joke about how Bella didn't have a fashion sense either and how Alice got mad about it 😂)

I put the high tops into the cart and see Rebekah glaring at me.

"Just because you got a boyfriend, doesn't mean that you ain't got to try to look pretty," Rebekah mutters.

"How's the single life? Can't remember how that feels since I've been in a relationship for about a year," I say with a smirk.

"You're such a smart ass. Like your uncle Kol," she states, rolling her eyes.

• • •

Rebekah and I finally made it home and I couldn't wait to be away from all the nagging from her. She didn't like anything that I picked out for myself.

I rushed up to my bedroom, bags in hand. I have tried to decorate the room to the best of my abilities. I added a couple posters of 5 Seconds of Summer and some of those glow in the dark stars that you hang on the ceiling.

After I finish putting all my new outfits away, I head back downstairs. I walk into the kitchen to see Elijah doing a crossword puzzle. I walk over to the fridge and grab a blood bag. I tear it open with my teeth and watch as Klaus walks in as well.

"You excited for you first day of school?" Klaus asks, smirking.

"Definitely," I reply, rolling my eyes. Elijah chuckles and puts his pencil down.

"Who's gonna be the one to bring her?" Elijah asks.

"That would be you brother," Klaus says, also grabbing a blood bag.

"Alright. Only because I know that Kol probably wouldn't even bring her to the school and would probably take her to some arcade and Rebekah is definitely not a morning person," Elijah explains.