"Pragya..." I could hear Raj's surprised tone. I turn to look at him and was in utter shock seeing him smiling ear to ear. Damn! He had tears in his eyes, not sad but happy tears. What the heck? I lost everything and he is looking at Pragya as if she is a mannah from heaven.

"Abhi!" Pragya says breathlessly as she stopped in front of me.

"I don't have the patience to deal with your bullshit now. Get out of my way." I tell her, unable to hide my fury.

"No, Abhi. Listen to me." Pragya says frantically.

"Why should I listen to you? Were you also a part of this? I thought we were friends, Pragya. We grew up together!" I couldn't help scream at her. I had considered her my friend. I never interacted with her as I did with Tanu, but I did consider her a friend. How couldn't i? Dad was friends with Pragya's grandfather even before I came into his life. Every weekend I would be at her place during childhood, and they just stabbed me in the back without a thought.

"How could you think like that, Abhi?" Pragya asks shocked.

I close my eyes, how could I think like that? Only when she gets her nose out of her books would she be able to plot backstabbing stories like Tanu. "Just get out of my way, Pragya."

"What Tanu did to you is wrong. I talked to my parents and they also agree."

"That what she did to me is wrong? Thanks for their vote." I couldn't hide my sarcasm. Why is that I am taking out my anger on Pragya instead of Tanu and Nikhil? I asked myself and then a small voice replied, because they beat me and I had felt powerless in front of them. Pragya was the lamb and I was all ready to slaughter her.

"Let her finish what she is trying to say." Raj gently whispers to me.

I turn to glare at Raj when my eyes catch the entire guest looking at us with utmost interest. How it is fun to watch when someone else's life is a circus. "Leave." I order them silently challenging them to dare and stay back. I wanted to break some hands and legs. Wait a minute? What is Nikhil for then? I should take care of him when I am still Abhishek Mehra, heir to Atul Mehra's empire. I start to walk off when Pragya holds my hand authoritatively. I turn furiously at her and was surprised to see fire in her eyes. Ever since I have known her, I have never seen her look anything but calm.

"Will you listen to me?" Pragya asks me losing her patience or was it her courage. I could feel her shaking. She was scared. She should know that I would never take out my anger on her, she was never at fault, I know that. Didn't she realize that I knew that?

I see people walking from the corner of my eyes and I turn to look at them to see that a few were leaving while a few remained where they were. I was about to ask them to leave as well when Pragya's spoke loudly, "Don't leave."

"Pragya!"

"Listen... Atul Uncle's will said that before you turn 30 you have to marry..."

I cut her off irately as I didn't want my failure to be slammed on my face, "Or Nikhil will inherit everything. Thanks to your sister, he did."

"It never said Tanu, it said you have to marry Rakesh Arora's daughter!" Pragya tells me in a single breath.

I look at her in shock as I suddenly saw a ray of hope. "You will marry me?" I asked her seeing her nervously biting her lips.

Pragya turns to look at the havan and says, "If you can promise me on this havan that you would be a true husband to me and be loyal to me, I'll marry you."

"That is all you want in return?" I ask her in shock remembering all that her sister had asked me for the wedding and I had fulfilled each and every one of them.