Chapter 11- Oh dear...

Start from the beginning

I crawled to my mother's side as I watched two royals and one possible royal take chunks of flesh out of the monster.

Just then, the monster shook them off and ran away.

Yes, it just ran away. Not before glancing back and staring for a moment at my mom and I.

I sighed in relief as the warm embrace of my mother pulled me up on my trembling knees. My breathing was steady, but you couldn't say the same about my heart. It was thumping loudly against my chest. I thanked for my mother's hug, but it was my mate's arms I needed right now.

Talking about him, he was still staring at the path the monster had left behind, growling lowly, crouching in a defensive stance.

"Hayden..." I called to him through the link.

His head snapped immediately in my direction and glanced briefly at my mother, who tensed and put me behind her. Hayden tensed up and showed his teeth, obviously not liking his mate being hidden from his sight.

"Dear, I need you to run, I'll take care of this one."

I frowned and stepped to my mother's side, looking at her strangely.

"Mom, this one helped us. I'd be dead if he hadn't appeared." I turned to look at him with a genuine smile on my face, his eyes softening at the sight.

I wanted to go and hug him, I wanted his arms to hold me and never let me go.

"Shift." my mom ordered, my dad and Shawn going to stand in front of her.

I could sense they were really tense. I knew their wolves also sensed something off about him. A wolf without a wolf. The fact that he was as big as my dad brought their attention and caution to the surface. And I'd be like that too, if it weren't for the fact that the stranger was my mate and I had already made sure that he wasn't dangerous. If anything, it should be the humans fearing us now.

My mind decided to light up just as I realized what my mom had said.

Oh no.

They weren't seeing MY mate naked.

I growled at the thought and Hayden seemed to read my mind.

"Jealous of your own mom, are we now, sweetie?" A shiver ran through my spine at the sound of his voice in my head. Cocky jerk.

I rolled my eyes at him and looked around, looking for the spots where we had spare clothing.

I noticed a small mark in one of the trees nearby and walked to it, taking three pair of pants from a hole made into the wood.

"Oh Moon Goddess..." I sighed as I went back and noticed everyone staring at me strangely.

"What?" I snapped, irritated by the whole situation.

My hands threw the pants to each wolf and turned away just like my mom did to give them a bit of privacy.

I heard the usual sound of bones cracking and popping into place, followed by shuffling and loud sighs.

"You can turn around." my eyes went to see if Hayden was alright, my lips letting a quiet sigh of relief. Thank the Moon Goddess. He wasn't hurt, just had a few scratches.

"Kaylie, come over here." My dad called, gesturing for me to get behind him.

I hesitated, me and my wolf agreeing that we wanted to go to Hayden.

"I believe she can do whatever she pleases." Hayden spoke up, making me freeze in place. I studied my dad's features carefully, knowing Alphas had little tolerance, if any, to disrespectful remarks from others.

He seemed shocked, and I understood why. There wasn't any wolf on Earth that hadn't heard from their rightful King.

"Do you know who I am?" he asked, a threat hidden in his words.

"No one to boss her around." my dad just raised his eyebrows and gave a step forward, and to his own surprise, Hayden didn't flinch or tremble.

"First, I am King and Alpha of the werewolf race." Hayden looked as if he understood now.

"Second, I am her father." 

Oh dear...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet angels!!

I was supposed to update yesterday, sorry!

But here it is!!! What do you think?

Hope you guys like it!!

-Stardust xx.