Chapter 29 - Life

Kaylie's POV

My heartbeat was picking up its pace. 

My daughter was alive. Somehow. 

Her mate hadn't exactly killed her, neither had he done what he did on purpose.

Prophecies.

My thoughts were running across my mind so fast I almost felt dizzy as I paced back and forth in our bedroom. We had agreed that since Hayden's wolf had woken up, our daughter's security was no longer at risk, not even if his mind was controlled again. His wolf would shut him down temporalily, besides I had put a "lock" on him. It would be pretty hard to break the lock to his mind.

"Kay, Kay, baby.." I felt the familiar tingles on my arms as my mate held me in place. "Easy, my love. Everything will turn out fine."

I turned to see him, a smile plastered on my face.

"I know, well, I hope so... but Ced, we didn't lose our daughter!!" I couldn't help it but throw my arms around him. I'd never get used to how tall he was but I had learned some tricks for my own sake.

I kissed his lips softly and tenderly as he stroke my hair and held my waist. Even after this much time, we still were mad about each other, no denying it.

"She is alive."

Hayden's POV

Mine.

If I thought I was possessive and protective over my little mate before, this whole wolf thing was seriously driving me crazy. How did Cedric manage not to kill every single man that even dared to see Kaylie?

I myself had my mate in my arms, cradled like a sleeping baby, my back against the wall, sitting on the bed of our room. My eyes were fixated on her face, still pale, but now I knew she was still there. My life had not been taken away from me, and I was immensely grateful for that. I would have killed myself if I were to be responsible for her death.

I buried my face in her hair and smelled her scent. Still fresh, still there.

"Baby..." I whispered into her sleepy mind.

"My love... don't worry about me, this had to happen. This woke your wolf up. I'll be back to you as soon as possible."  her voice was barely a whisper, but it brought comfort to both my wolf and me.

"I need you to hug me, princess, I miss you so badly..." I let a few tears roll down my cheeks. I missed the heat of her body, the strong tingles her touch would give me. The wolf in me let soft and heart-breaking howls of anguish. It sensed its mate.

"Soon baby, my mother will figure out a way to bring me back, and I will be able to help her when I'm stronger." she seemed determined and I hugged her tightly, even though I didn't know if she could feel it. 

"How long will that take? How long will I have to live without you?" I was being extremely corny, but I didn't give a fuck. I wanted her with me, not just her body.

"I'm getting stronger, my love, I'll fight to get out of this cage myself. I'm not going to leave you."

"You better don't." Wait, did she say cage?

"Baby? What cage? Is that some sort of expression or...?"

She remained silent for a few seconds and I began thinking that either I was going mad and hearing stuff or she had said something she didn't want to tell.

"The cage, I'm in a mental cage. My body just... shut down. I don't know how to explain it, I feel like it's some sort of defense, but I don't know against what it works. I need you to tell my mom abut this, though. It might sound crazy for some, but this family has experienced way too many weird stuff already."

"Okay, baby, I'll make sure to tell her in the morning yes? Your parents are resting now." 

"What about you? Are you resting too? I know I'm in your arms cause I can feel it." she sighed long and deeply. "I wish I could touch you back."

"I can't sleep baby, not knowing I can talk to you and make sure you are still here with me."

"I told you I'm not moving. End of discussion."

"Stubborn head."

"You love me."

"With all my being."

I held her head against my chest and put her hand on my cheek. My heart was aching.

"You should... eh... sleep too then... I guess. If you can even do that." I whispered to her soothingly.

"Yes baby, I can sleep... Goodnight, please rest yourself..." I felt her doze off and still, I no longer felt empty. My wolf could sense her, I knew she was still there.

I rearranged myself so I was spooning her tiny body.

And I was dozing off too, but someone still wanted to scold me some more.

"You fucktard."

"Shit dude, it wasn't my fault! I already feel bad enough!" I groaned and listened to my wolf growl.

"You weak ass human." I rolled my eyes.

"Says the wolf that couldn't emerge before not even when his mate appeared!"

"Uhm, duh, I'm not a human, so technically I'm not a weak ass human."

"Weak ass wolf." he growled but chose to ignore me.

"Nighty night wolfie." I chuckled.

I dozed off, pulling my mate closer.

We would be alright.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for the late late late LATE update!!

Things have been mixing quite a lot in my life lately haha

Hope you like this one tho, although it's more of a filler to my taste.

-Stardust xx.