Chapter 3- What?

Naida's POV

"Come on Nay!!! Just a quick look! I haven't been out of town in forever!!!" I heard Christie yell from somewhere in the woods.

I've never been out of the town or the pack's territories without my parents. I went to that abandoned city once, with them. They explained what had happened there, what the risks of being there were, and that no were should go alone. I knew that I wasn't going alone, but it still gave me shivers just to think what could happen if something went wrong in the visit.

I sighed and made up my mind, I'd just go with Christie, make her company and make sure she was safe, if I didn't want Chase to skin me alive. Christie was my best friend, but Chase was her mate, and Moon Goddess, was he protective. I certainly didn't want to be his next meal. When it comes to mates, now, that's something you don't want to mess with. Just like Darrian tried to break the link between my parents. 

And he is dead. See my point? I don't wanna be the reason why Chase goes in a killing spree, who knows what he might do if Christie was hurt.

I started walking towards the place where Christie kept yelling to me from. 

"Alright! Calm down! I'm doing this just because you might get hurt and someone has to take care of you." I chuckled at her fake offended expression. She then scoffed and turned to start walking in the direction of the abandoned city.

I laughed and followed her.

"You know I love you right? Just like you love me Chrissy!" I chirped, not worried about this anymore.

What could possibly go wrong?

She rolled her eyes and glared at me playfully.

"You are sooo lucky I love you and we are best friends or you would be dead by now." she pointed at finger at me and I raised my hands in surrender.

"I know, I know, and I don't want Chase murdering me and eating me for dinner so.. we should better hurry." She laughed and started running, making me groan and follow her.

"I'm serious! That mate of yours might just snap my neck and bye bye!!" we stopped at the city's borders and she turned to look at me, a hand on her hip.

"Chase would never do that, he know that I'd never speak to him again if he did anything like that." I gasped and brought a hand to my heart. 

"That's so meaningful to me! I shall be grateful to you the rest of my life!" we became serious again then burst laughing.

"You're an idiot." I stuck my tongue out at her.

"You love me Chrissy, you know you..." we shut as a starnge noise was heard from somewhere in the city.

"Tell me you heard that too..." I linked Christie.

She nodded her head as we looked closely, narrowing our eyes in the process.

We gasped then sighted in relief once we saw a deer walking in one of the streets. It looked kind of lost so we decided to leave it alone.

"Moon Goddess, I thought that was something else." We both mumbled as we made our way into the abandoned place.

"I wonder where all the humans are right now. I still can't believe it was us who won the Great War." I gawked at the luxury displaying in our surroundings.

"Naida!! Let me out!! I wanna run!!!" I heard my wolf Jasmine reach to me.

"You know I'm not allowed to shift out of the castle's grounds! I know you need to run but it is too dangerous!!" I replied to her.