Chapter 30 - Transitions

Hayden's POV

She is alive. First thought as I woke.

"Thank the Moon Goddess, you stupid asshole."

"Don't you ever get tired of cursing?" 

"Don't you ever stop hurting your own mate?"

"OUR mate."

He only growled in response.

I sensed my arms being moved, but I ignored it.

And then froze.

I looked down and saw my mate trying to stretch, she felt hotter, and she was frowning and groaning.

I didn't know if I needed to be happy she was actually moving, or worried about the obvious discomfort she was eperiencing.

I picked her body and ran to her parents' room.

"Cedric!" I called for the King as I placed her down on the couch.

I sensed someone move, and then a shout.

"Kaylie!" his voice was heard as he rushed to touch Naida's forehead.

"Not again!" a female voice cried and just as it was heard, a pair of feminine hands surrounded my mate's face.

"This has happened before??" I was confused, really confused.

"Twice, but both as a small kid. When she..." Kaylie froze and looked at Cedric.

"When she first changed into her wolf form."

Cedric had a thoughtful look on his face and Kaylie's hands were now glowing, still around Nay's face.

"What are you doing to her?" I quietly asked, the tension obviously building up as silence invaded the room.

"Trying to call for her, she did the same thing when she came back from the forest one of these past days. She put a mental barrier up. The problem with what is happening now is that I don't know if someone is trying to get into her mind and she is resisting or something else is happening. This didn't happen to me when I changed into my pure-blood form."

I remained sillent, just holding Naida's hands.

I felt a slight warmth climbing and moving across her palms.

"You there wolfie?" I called for my wolf.

"Uhm, duh?" he replied, too concerned to even try to insult me.

"Can you feel what I feel?" I know, I still had to get used to having another... person or wolf or spirit, whatever that shared my body.

"Yeah, it's a good sign, at least her wolf is awake."

"We can sense her wolf?"

"Are you going to make this much questions constantly?" he whined and huffed at me.

"Sorry, just concerned about our mate, you know."

He remained silent, attentive to what was going on.

"Having a wolf isn't as easy as it seems, eh?"

I froze and listened to her voice, her sweet angel-like voice. 

"I can listen to her."

"We can sense her once more." There was a sigh of relief and I felt her hand returning my own's embrace.

I kissed it and stared at her face, her eyes were fluttering open, her hands were now warm once more.

I could sense everything more clearly now, she was exhausted.

She snapped her eyes open and stared back at me.