Part 6

~ Maisha ~

Did I seriously just hear right? Marcelo? My brother? The only word that escaped my lips was,

"What?"

"I think you should get Kendra. She needs to hear this."

I stared at him for a few seconds, astonished from what he had just told me. But I did what he said and I got Kendra. She was still in the pool, playing around with floaties, along with Davi and Rafa.

"Ken?"

That's all I had to say for her to understand that I need her. She looked at Rafa and she nodded.

"Go. I'll be here with my nephew."

Kendra pulled herself out from the pool and grabbed her towel as we walked past the rest. Neymar gave me a worried look when I quickly walked past him. I feel so bad for not telling him but this is family matter. Wow. Our family definitely expanded. As we walked into the living room, Marcelo looked at us and we sat down on the couch opposite him.

"So...? What's up?" Said Kendra, obviously confused about the situation.

"Maisha told me about your childhood. So let me tell you about mine. I was told that I was born in a Brazilian family. We lived quite poor but my parents did everything they could to provide food and water. My father would work extra hours just to give me what I wanted. A football. One day, my father came back from work with a football in his arms. I was overjoyed. When I turned 18, I received the worst news that I could ever get. I wasn't born into this family. A couple came and gave me to my parents. And that couple turned out to be my real parents who were also Brazilian. I desperately went looking for my biological parents only to find out that they tragically died in a car accident. And I also learned that they had 2 daughters. Of course I didn't know the names of these 2 girls. I loved the fact that I finally had siblings. I tried looking everywhere for these 2 girls but the only way that I could find out was to pay someone. And I didn't have that kind of money. So I gave up. Years went by and so did my hope. Until Maisha told me your story. And I truly think you two are my little sisters."

A tear rolled down his face as he told us his story. I look over to Kendra and she was already crying. My big brother is Marcelo? My long lost brother is Marcelo? The silence in the room could leave you deaf so I had to break it.

"Let's do a DNA test."

They both stared at me as if they saw a ghost.

"Well that's the only way to solve this mystery. Sure, the answers are all there but you can never be too sure." I said while looking down.

"Sure. Let's do it. You up for it?" Kendra asked as she looked towards Marcelo.

"It would be an honour."

"Neymar. What do I say to Neymar? Do I tell him?" I asked.

"Not yet. It's too risky. We have to be 100% sure." Marcelo said.

"So when are we supposed to do this test, Marcelo?" Kendra questioned.

"Now."

~

"You're going to the mall? With Marcelo?" Neymar said.