Chapter 13 ~ Nothing like a moonlit stroll

Start from the beginning

“Perfect,” you muttered to yourself. You knew you had to get out of here. Your head was spinning way too much for you to be able to concentrate long enough to fight properly.

You used a nearby tree to help yourself off the ground while looking over to make sure the chimera was still stuck in the tree. And that’s when you spotted them. Two more ragging chimeras with you caught in there sight.

“Please tell me I’m just seeing double,” you moaned as they began charging toward you. You still couldn’t understand how you hadn’t sensed them. You quickly backed up a few steps only to find yourself now being squished by four big furry arms. You gasped for air looking up to find yourself in the not so loving embrace of a Bashura. Crap! You couldn’t breathe and the lack of oxygen was in no way helping your disorientated, throbbing head. You had to do something and quick.

“I summon thee ‘shadow claws’” you squeak using the last of your air supply. The claws materialised in your hands which were encased by the Bashura therefor the blades formed inside the fiends arms having immediate slicing impact. The Bashura let out a growl as it flinched away releasing you from its grip. You fell to the floor gasping in big gulps of air and quickly scurried to the nearest tree where you used the claws to help you scale it. When you were high enough you gazed down at the scene bellow to find two chimeras and two Bashuras readying themselves to bulldoze your tree and the third chimera had almost freed its horns. This was not looking good you thought rubbing away the blood that was oozing into your eyes. You quickly recapped the scenario.

Let’s see, Injury wise your head was pretty messed up so you were in no condition to fight plus you were pretty sure that big bear hug had broken a couple of your ribs. There was no way you would be able to escape from all five of the fiends, so running wasn’t an option and you were all but certain no one was going to show up and save you so you were left with one option. Fight for your life.

Deciding to take out the easy target first you quickly leapt from the tree and used some magic on the stuck chimera. Thrusting your arms in front of you as you flipped high through the air you sent a mass of sharp shadow spears at the stuck chimera. You concentrated a great deal of magic in them to make sure they impaled it in all the critical areas. The chimera let out an all mighty screech before bursting into a mass of pyreflies.

One down. You mentally high fived yourself as you landed less than gracefully on the ground. The four remaining fiends were quick to make a move so you immediately casted a speed spell on your legs and darted straight through the front three, leaping straight into a drop kick on the Bashura pulling up the rear. Bashura were incredibly strong but they weren’t much in the speed department. You nailed it straight in the face leaving it momentarily stunned as you leapt over it. Dismissing your claws you landed behind it.

“I summon thee Soaring spirit,” you yelled as the blade materialised you thrust your hands straight forward stabbing the Bushura in its back.

Two down. You smirked as it burst into pyreflies. Unfortunately due to the burst of pyreflies you didn’t notice the two massive Bushura arms flying at you. Its fists connected with your left arm resounding in a loud snap as you hurtled toward yet another tree.

“Ahh,” you squealed as you felt something tear through your lower abdomen. You peered down to see a sharp, jagged tree branch slightly protruding from your stomach. The branch was only small but if you pulled it out there was a high probability you would experience a high amount of blood loss and with your still red oozing head wound you couldn’t afford that. There was no way your sword could slice the branch in one movement so you used all the strength you could muster to snap the branch off as you quickly stumbled out of the way of the two charging chimera. Your gaze shot to your left arm which was bending in the complete wrong direction and obviously completely shattered but you weren’t too concerned as you couldn’t actually feel it. Which on second thought is probably actually a bad thing.

You leapt into the air as best you could using a wind spell to boost you onto the nearest tree branch. Quickly you tore the bottom of your tank top off and used it to tie your left arm as best you could to your side. You finished securing the knot and decided it would be best to take out the next fiend from a distance. You shoved your right hand onto the tree and sent a torrent of large jagged ice shards straight toward the Bashura making them slice straight through it. You smirked at the sight as you inflicted your payback. You clicked your fingers making the giant shards shatter into millions of tiny pieces that ripped through the Bashura. It let out a mighty cry as its body shredded before bursting into pyreflies.  Your head was fuzzy and throbbing like crazy but you just had to shake it off and you quickly forced your attention to the two remaining chimeras. With all your injuries your strength was running majorly low. You had to end this quickly. Your legs were slightly wobbly but you forced a speed spell on them and dove straight for one of the chimeras. With your wind blade still in your right hand you raced around it in circles inflicting multiple slashes and jabs until finally it burst into pyreflies.

One left. You told yourself turning to face it but you were too late. Its snake head tail was lifted high over its other three heads and before you had time to think a surge of electricity jolted through your body rattling you to the core. Your legs gave way beneath you and you fell flat on your back.

What the hell was going on? You were never this sloppy in a fight. You hadn’t been this badly injured in years. You hadn’t even been able to sense these fiends. Something was definitely wrong. You were about to be killed by a couple of measly fiends. How could this happen. The great ‘executioner’ was about to meet her doom. Argh! You groaned in frustration unable to move as you lay there trapped in your broken body only able to watch as the chimera stalked closer. This was it, you were going to die.

“Ahh, I refuse,” you screamed at the top of your lungs using every ounce of magic energy you had to release a final wave of destruction. The air around you turned black before being forced out in every direction. The chimera was gone. No burst of pyreflies, it was just gone. In fact every tree stick and blade of grass within a twenty metre radius of you was gone. It was all dead. You killed it all in your desperate attempt to live. All that was left was ash and dust blowing across the dry barren ground. You dropped your head to the side to take in the destruction you had caused. It was dark and sad and cruel but you weren’t sorry. In fact you were proud because it was your proof that you were still alive. And at that moment that was all that mattered.

A/N: Hey guys! What do ya think? This is the first real battle scene I’ve ever written so I’m kinda nervous about it. It was a little awkward to write cause you needed to get beat up pretty bad for the next bit I want to happen but you’re also supposed to be an amazingly skilled fighter. So yeah I put your sloppy fighting down to the massive head injury at the start. Any way I hope you liked it! Oh and voting for the three guys that go with you on the mission is still open! See ya in the next chapter!