The Queen of Maskins

Epilogue

After many months later, they were finally in peace. Zaria said goodbye to her father who got the kingdom back and surprisingly, him and Nan Helen started a relationship. Zaria was ecstatic, her father really deserve someone as kindhearted and warm soul as Nan Helen. She never saw her father that happy in her life, she was sad for leaving but knowing her father was taken good care of made her leave happier.

As for her and Alexander, she could finally be the Queen of Maskskins after so long. They have been waiting for the baby to be born first but strange enough the baby was delayed for 2 days already, meaning he or she could come any minute.

Zaria and Alexander couldn't wait for the baby to be born, they were both ecstatic. Mostly Alexander, he wanted a boy to reign but Zaria wanted a girl. She know she'll be able to handle the Maskskins just well like a boy would.

But no matter what, they will love their baby no matter what gender it is. Zaria sighed as she moved away from the window, rubbing her stomach that for some reason was bigger than usual. She felt like she was carrying an elephant.

She didn't even felt like going out on the market anymore with Alexander's mother Sandra, she felt that if she walks a lot she'd fall forward from how heavy she was. She didn't mind those extra kilos she put on but that the baby wasn't out yet.

She feels like she's been pregnant for years but it was only 41 weeks. There was a knock on the door before Farah walked in. "Ready my Queen? The Kingdom and the King are waiting for you." She nodded her head at Farah and took a step forward, whining as she held her stomach with her hands.

"It's okay Farah, just contractions." She told her maid who looked at her worried, not liking this. "I know that look, I'm okay. I've been having them for weeks now and still nothing." She looked at her doubtfully but still nodded her head.

"Let's not keep them waiting." Farah told her with side eyes, watching as she breathed in and out through the pain. "Are you sure my Queen? Maybe the baby is coming." Zaria shook her head at her and composed herself, mostly because she was scared that Farah was right. Maybe her baby was about to be born.

"I don't know. Let's see what happens." She responded back and walked with Farah out of the door. She was dressed in an elegance white dress that Alexander's mother wore when she was about to be coronated as Queen of the MaskSkins, her hair was wavy and cascading down her back.

The dress had long wavy sleeves that reached her wrists and long that it trailed a bit behind her, not too much. It made her feel pretty and somewhat free, liberating. The more step she took the more excited she was, her father was here and Nan Helen too.

The ceremony was being held outside of the palace, the entire kingdom was present to see the coronation happening and she was happy that they were here. She walked with Farah outside, the King and Queen standing from their thrones as she walked down.

Alexander took her hand in his, kissing her knuckles before walking her to his parents. "Welcome everyone, we're here to coronate your new Queen!" The kingdom people cheered excitedly, mostly the women. The Maskskin men aren't that comfortable showing their emotions but it's getting somewhere.

They were less violent, less aggressive and less possessive. The fact that they were starting to act more civilize and treat women better, brought a smile on Zaria's face. Alexander kept his promise, no more violence. She didn't want the baby to see that this kind of behavior was right.

If Alexander, their King could. They could too, it wasn't that hard if you really want to be better. The way the Kingdom was now compared to when Zaria came was a huge upgrade, the women dressed less provocative.