The clandestine visit

Turbulent heart, mate of my soul. I looked at myself in the mirror, the girl I was seeing was long gone. Maybe it was because I spent months wearing normal clothes and actually felt more comfortable in them. The last time I wore something like this was the time they attacked our kingdom, or better yet. Eric did all this to take our kingdom away from us.

I sighed and looked down at my dress, stepping back and turned around. I held my head when I felt my body sway and held onto the closest thing I could find and breathed in and out deeply. I removed my hand from my head and placed it on my stomach.

I closed my eyes and blew air from my mouth before composing myself, moving away from the mirror and walked toward the front door. I lingered my hand for a moment at the handle before twisting the door open and got out.

I made my way through the halls and walked down the stairs, the sound of chatting filling my ears. I frowned at the voice of my stepmother and my stepsister. "What is going on here?" I asked the moment I entered the dinner room.

"What is she doing here?" My stepsister hissed slowly as she stood up, her fists bumping on the table as she glared at me then at her mother and Eric.

"No, what are you doing here? This is my house, my father is held somewhere captive and ya'll here like nothing happened. I knew that you never loved my father Arcola." I glared at Arcola pissed off and curled up my hands, my lips pinned together.

"Aw darling, I truly did loved your father but you see Eric's plan was more convenient. I feel sorry for him though." She gave me a fake sad smile and I scoffed at her with a nudge, walking toward the table and grabbed a glass of water.

"You're right, you did loved my father but not enough." I poured the glass on her and gasped in fake state of shock. "Oops, I feel sorry for you too." I put my hand in front of my mouth and gave her a mocking smile.

"You insolent bitch!" Arcola shouted at me as she stood up and tried to slap me but Nan Helen grabbed her wrist. "What are you doing!? You work for us, get your fitly hand away from me." She tugged hard on her hand but Nan Helen held her grip tightly.

"You put one hand on my child and I swear to God that you'll know the real me." Nan Helen yanked her hand away like it was a disease and bored her eyes at her. Arcola consumed and curled up her fists with a huff, stalking away.

"Mother! Wait." Ursula shot me a glare as she stood up, following after his mother. "You'll pay for this Zaria! This won't stay like this." She told me before shot got out of the dinner room and I felt somehow threatened.

My hand unconsciously went on my stomach as I looked in the direction she went. "It looks like we're the only ones eating tonight, please have a seat Zaria." I sighed deeply and walked toward the chair, thanking the guard that pulled my chair back and sat down.

The maids entered the room and placed our foods on the table, pulling away the cover. The moment the food reached my nose I turned green, not to make it obvious I shot Nan Helen a look and she understood immediately.

"No, she's allergic to that. Take it away." The maid looked at Nan Helen weird but nodded her head, covering the plate and took it away from in front of me. I sighed in relief and looked up at Eric who frowned with a fake smile.

"So, you're ready for tomorrow night?" Eric said as he guided the fork toward his mouth and chew with an amused glint in his eyes. "I have a little surprise for you, only if you cooperate with me."

"What is the so called surprise? Thank you Marina." I thanked the maid who put a plate in front of me and nodded my head at her in acknowledge. I rested the napkin on my lap and opened the cover.