Changes

Our love has won this war. We made our way toward his parents and I didn't expect his mother to yank me in her arms and give me a tight hug. "I can't believe Allie has finally found the one. I can't wait for my grandchildren." Instead of being the daughter in law that freaks out at that I gave her a genuine smile, I can't wait either. I thought to myself

"It's very nice to finally meet you my Queen." I hugged her back and ran my hands up and down her back with a squeeze.

She pulled away from me and said. "Queen?" She waved it off. "You're the Queen, just call me Sandra. The Queen title doesn't belong to me anymore." She smiled big and warm that had my insides fluttered at the thought of my mother.

"Like my wife said, I can't believe my son has finally found the one. Like they say, what's a King without a Queen?" Alexander's father said as he pulled Sandra closer to him, giving her a sweet kiss on her forehead.

I smiled at them and blinked my eyes away when my head started to spin and my vision darkened for a few moments. "Honey, are you okay? Alexander!" I felt myself crumbled down but Alexander was fast enough to catch me by my waist, straightening me up.

"Zaria? Tell me what's wrong?" He sat me down on the throne and kneeled down in front of me, taking my hands in his as he looked up at me worried.

I smiled at him and brushed his hands with my thumbs. "I'm fine, just tired I guess." I slipped my hands out of his grip and brushed his hair away from his forehead.

"Do you want to go back to the Palace?" Alexander asked preoccupied and I nodded my head, it was sad to leave a feast the Kingdom organized but I wasn't feeling well. Alexander stood up and turned to look at the crowd. "The Queen is not feeling well as you see, but you all enjoy the rest of the feast."

"I can walk you know?" I said amused as Alexander picked me up bridal style and walked us toward the horses.

"I know." He replied back simple as he helped me mount Xanthus and patted his side. "Stay close." He told me before turning around and got on his horse, galloping toward me. I nodded my head and took off with him in a steady pace, not too fast and not too slow.

We reached the palace and Alexander got down his horse before I could get down by myself and helped me down. He picked me up bridal style too and I rolled my eyes at him. "You're just being silly, I'm fine."

"Tell the Kingdom's doctor that." He replied back as we made our way inside and walked us toward the stairs.

"I told you that I was fine, no need to call a doctor who must be busy with his own things." I tried to reasoning with this big oaf but he was way too stubborn for his own good. He walked us inside of our room and placed me on the bed.

"Rest, I'll let one of the soul-mates or the young Maskins to go seek the doctor." Alexander told me as he leaned down, placing a sweet kiss on my forehead and pulled away from me. "Rest, don't leave this bed."

He turned around and left the room, closing the door behind him. Ugh, how does he wants me to rest when I needed to take a bath? I swung my legs off the bed and strolled inside of the bathroom, the soul-mates no longer here.

It felt great just being alone for once. I took my clothes off and used the shower, not wanting to fill the tub with water. I took a long and relaxing shower until I felt better and got out, wrapping a towel around my body and headed out of the bathroom.

"My Queen, you could have called me. You didn't have to do things all by yourself." Farah said as she made her way inside of the room.

"It's okay, it felt great being alone for once." I told her with a smile and she nodded her head understandingly. I made my way toward the closet and pulled out a silk night gown, putting it on. "I'll put this to wash." Farah took the towel from me and disappeared from my sight.

I walked toward the vanity and sat down, my hand leaning forward to grab my brush. I raised my hand to brush my hair but Farah took it over. "Let me my Queen." I sighed deeply and sat there as she brushed my hair, frowning her eyebrows in confusion and cocked her head to the side to look at me.

"When was the last time you bleed my Queen?" I froze at that and placed my hand on my stomach, my widened eyes trailing down and then back up to look at Farah from the vanity mirror. "You've changed." She nudged her head, mentioning my breasts.

Oh my God. How, I mean of course I know how but oh lord I'm perplexed. I let out a shaky breath and closed my eyes for a few seconds. "My Queen..." The door was opened and Alexander walked in with a man dressed in leather pants and a blouse, sleeves rolled up in the crook of his elbow.

"Leave us." Alexander told Farah who nodded her head and placed the brush on the vanity table, pulling away from me with a bow and walked toward the door, getting out.

"Alexander, I already told you that I'm fine." I pushed the chair and stood up, turning to look at him with a scold look. "It was just dizziness, I'm feeling totally fine." I smiled genuinely at the doctor.

"My Queen, just let me check to make sure that you're okay." He pressed on it and I sighed deeply, nodded my head in defeat. "Can you lie down on the bed please?" I nodded my head and walked toward the bed, lying down.

He did some check ups and found nothing to worry about, "Thanks." I smiled shortly at him as he put his things away and grabbed his handbag. Alexander walked with him toward the door and I turned around, closing my eyes feeling suddenly drained. The last thing I remembered was seeing Alexander's face before darkness took over me.

A warm arm pulling me closer woke me up from my deep slumber. "I thought you'd never wake up, you were out like a light." Alexander smiled down at me and I leaned my arm on his chest, my hand underneath my chin as I looked up at him.

He leaned his forehead against mine and I closed my eyes, feeling his lips brushing against mine. I raised my hand up and brushed his hair back, his dark eyes fixed on me. I gave him a shakily but excited smile and pressed my lips together.

"I'm with ch..." The door was knocked, interrupting what I was going to tell him. The door was creaked open and Farah walked in with a bow.

"I'm sorry my King, Queen. The Maskins are here my King, they brought new spoils." Farah informed us before bowing her head, walking out of the door. I turned to look at Alexander with a frown. "Why did the Maskins brought more women?"

"A Maskin can never get enough spoils." Was Alexander's replay before he got out of the bed, putting his butt-cheeks on full display. I should have known he was naked. He put his leather pants on and hooked his golden belt around his hips.

"They have families Alexander! You can't let this continuing to happen. No spoils are allowed here unless they have agreed to come, I won't tolerate use of force." I got out of the bed and walked toward him, standing in front of him.

"Our Kingdom has rules, one of them is to collect as many spoils as possible. It makes our Kingdom larger and stronger. They're not here for fun, they're here to bear the maskin's children."

"So they're just used? What will they do with them after the child is born? Toss them away and find other spoils to use again!" I shrieked out at him incredulously, what type of rules are those? There's going to be some serious changes from now on.

"One of the first rules that needs to be change is that! I won't allow that, they're people with feelings. What type of Queen would I be if I let that happen? I don't have the heart to do that, you may have it but I don't."

He sighed deeply and ran a hand through his hair, tangling his fingers in them. "The rules have been like that for centuries, you can't just ask me to change them."

"I don't want our child to be born in this violence, no matter how long the rules have been like that." I put my hand on my lower abdomen and looked at him. He walked toward me and put his hand on top of mine, his lips kissing my forehead.

"Promise me that." He removed his lips from my forehead and looked down at me. "No more violence."

"No more violence." We both ginned widely before our lips met for a passionate kiss, giggles leaving my mouth when he lift my feet from my ground and tangled my body in the air.