"Well, you haven't strangled the life out of Boston, that's an improvement," he said, giving me a mischievous wink. I rolled my eyes and got up to hug him.

He patted the back of my head as I leaned it on his shoulder, enjoying the comforting feeling. "You seem tense son."

A sigh escaped my lips, causing me to pull away and rub my temples. "My wolf is killing me, Dad."

"Really?" He leaned against my desk and knocked on the wood approvingly, "Good oak."

"He's so restless. I don't know what is up." I groaned as my wolf marched back and forth in my head.

My dad studied my face for a while, "Maybe he's restless because you'll find your mate soon."

"I hope not," I breathed out slowly as the pounding got worse. 

After working so hard to make this pack the most powerful in the nation, I didn't want a mate to ruin it. I couldn't have any distractions or weaknesses. 

"Your mom really wants grandkids, Hudson."

I raised an eyebrow. "What about you?"

He leaned back against the desk and crossed his arms. "I do too, but you have to find your mate first. You need a Luna."

"I'm doing fine without one, dad," I huffed, sitting back down and shuffling some papers around. 

It was true though– I was doing great on my own. If I had a Luna, the most she could do was look pretty on my arm. I had too much on my plate already and having a relationship would just be overkill.

"There are some things that a Luna can do that Alpha's cannot, son. You cannot be the motherly figure the pack needs and make logical decisions when you're stressed. The reason your mother and I did so well was because we made decisions together. We complimented each other. You need to have that balance when you're leading the pack. It's a two-person job, son."

I pursed my lips at his words. My wolf, on the other hand, agreed with my dad and started pacing back and forth in my head once again. 

I groaned quietly. As much as I didn't want to admit it, what my dad said was true. There were some things I couldn't do–like being caring and affectionate–and my pack needed that. 

"Fine," I said, "but I have some expectations for my 'Luna'."

My dad's eyebrows popped up. "What kind?"

I bit my lip and thought about what my mate should be like. "She has to be strong and able to fight on her own. She has to have a good heart with only the pack's best interest at heart, and she has to be smart. I don't want some stupid bimbo on my arm."

"Son, you can't judge a person's intelligence based on their hair color. That's hairist."

I gave him a blank look. "You know what I mean. I just don't want a mate who is stupid." 

He rolled his eyes and glared at me. "And your list is stupid. She isn't supposed to be perfect, son. You're supposed to accept her for who she is. After all, you're not perfect either. So get off your high horse and think about your actions because someone is going to get really hurt."

He's right.

Great, even my wolf was against me. 

I sighed, not wanting to argue with him. "Yes, dad."

"Good," he said happily, "now go to bed. You have a long journey tomorrow. And once you get back from this meeting, you will start searching for your mate."

I nodded and gave him another hug, before getting back to work. While I was rummaging through the papers, I came across a list of packs that my mom had given me. She had explained that these were the packs with most unmated females so my mate was bound to be in one of them. 

My lips twitched into a smile.

I might as well start searching once I returned. I did want pups after all.

I like pups and I like the process of making them.

I face-palmed at my wolf's horniness. He was definitely going to drive me nuts with his lusty thoughts. 

Hey loves!  How was the first chapter? How many of you like Hudson? Are you excited to meet the female who will drive Hudson nuts? What do you guys think of the model I chose for Hudson?

The gorgeous cover on the front is by @TheGirlOnline14. Thanks so much, love!

Also, because I love the model I chose for Hudson. Here's another picture ;)

LOL, well I LOVE YOU ALL! *MWAH*