18. Lie

Taehyung's POV

After we got to school, we went straight to our lessons. I had Maths, Science and History first. After those boring 3 lessons, we had break and after that was English.

I had always had English lessons with Jimin hyung and Krys so it was enjoyable. To me, English was quite a difficult language but I managed to learn well; I still have problems speaking it though. Unfortunately for me, today's lesson was all about reading which meant that it was compulsory for us to speak. 

The teacher wrote a sentence on the board for us to read aloud. 

"Jongin (yes I am using EXO names cause I have no other option 😏)," the teacher spoke.  He stood up from his seat.

"Ne?" 

"Read the sentence on the board." 

"F-flow...ers need wat-water, air, s-spaceu and su-sunlight to grow..." 

"Well done. Next time do not stutter as much, okay?" 

"Ne." 

"Yugyeom." (GOT7 WOOHOO)

One by one the students stood up and read the sentence on the board, although they struggled slightly here and there. 

"Taehyung." 

WHY?! 

I stood up slowly and proceeded to read what was written on the board. 

"F..." I really don't want to do this.

"Go on, Taehyung. Don't worry," I heard Jimin hyung speak from beside me. 

"F-flowers need water... a-air... space and s-sunlight to g-grow..." 

"Well done Taehyung. Jimin." 

Jimin hyung stood up and proceeded to read the words infront of us. After hyung was Krystal. 

"Ahem. Flowers need water, air, space and sunlight to grow," she spoke fluently. What? The entire class was shocked at how perfect her English was. 

"That was perfect, Krystal. Well done."

"Kamsahamnida."

"How do you know such good English?"

"I really enjoy learning languages so I learnt it at home." 

"May I ask why you spoke with a British accent?" 

Krystal froze. 

"Krystal?" 

"........ Joesonghamnida (sorry)."

Krystal sat down in her seat and didn't speak for the rest of the lesson. What happened to her? 

After the lesson was over, Jimin hyung and I walked with Krystal to our lockers to collect books for our next lessons. 

"Krys," hyung spoke. 

"Ne?" she replied.

"Are you okay?" 

"What do you mean, oppa?" 

"Why were you so quiet after the teacher asked why you had a British accent?"

Krystal remained silent for a while. 

"Krys...?" I spoke. She didn't reply; she continued to take the required books from her locker. She put them in her bag, closed her bag and swung it over her shoulder before speaking. 

"Please," she began. "Do not ask me how about how I'm perfect at English. Do not ask me how I have a British accent and definitely do not ask me why I was quiet after the teacher asked me about it," I saw her eyes glistening. Tears? She then walked away without looking back.