Chapter 28

Aprils P.O.V

My heart raced as i looked around me, there was no escape. No way out. I was officially stuffed, Standing tall and proud i wasn't backing down for anyone. No way no how.

One large man charged at me in his human form and had a rather long and sharp blade in his hand he went swipe it at me when i ducked and grabbed his wrist. Curling my fist into a tight ball i collided it full force with his face. The rogue let out a menacing growl and began to shake in his moments of vulnerability i took it as my chance to attack him. I curled my legs around his waist and tangled my arms around his neck. In a swift movement i snapped his neck.

The thunder was roaring and so was the rain, 3 Men charged at me and a growl ripped through my throat, I ran at them and attempted to take them out, I managed to get one until i was grabbed and thrown against the ground, A small cry escaped me as i felt the full force of the ground hit me. The pain became overwhelming, Until i realised it wasn't anything to do with the fall.

It was to do with my mate.

He was mating her.

Everything went blank. I felt empty. Shakira went deathly silent. Max's wolf hadn't replied to her call for help. He didn't even care. I guess we were right, The goddess had made a mistake with me being his mate.

"He's left you April" Marcel sneered.

"Be with me" He offered. Getting to my feet i made sure he was close enough to me before i gathered the spit in my mouth and spat it onto his face.

"Fuck you !"I said, i take a deep breath and wait for him to raise his hand to to me and he does, He grabs me by my hair and raises his knee which collides with my stomach a small cry leaves me as the force collides with my stomach.

He drops me to the ground, two of his men grab me by my arms and a growl rips through my chest, i began to start trying to resit their strong grip, it just wasn't working i began to start get more vicious as they started to drag me away.

"LET ME GO "I yelled at them as i began to thrash my body against their hold.

"APRIL"I heard a familiar voice yell.

Looking back i see a man running towards me, No. I saw the wolves all smirking, a cry escaped my mouth. My heart beat skipped a few beats and i finally remembered to breathe again. My chest grew tight and this time it had nothing to do with my mate, this time it had something to do with one of the people i cared most about. They were in danger and they didn't even know it.

"CHARLIE RUNNN"I screamed at him. I looked at Marcel and he nodded at his men they began to stalk towards him. A sense of urgency rushed through me i had to do something, Shakira was too weak so i knew i'd have to do it the old fashioned way.

I looked at the two men that were holding me and i saw one had a holster on his left leg. I pretended to lose my balance and went to fall to my knees, Their grips loosened and i took it as my chance, i pulled the gun from his holster and flicked the safety off and pointed at the rogue's head before firing, the blood spattered all over me and before the next rogue knew it he was shot too. I took off running towards Charlie., he didn't stand a chance against these mongrels who let's face it aren't the nicest bunch of people in the first place.

"CHARLIE RUN"I screamed again, He looked at me confused before he raised his gun and began firing his weapon.

Marcel let out a deep powerful growl and this time i was scared. I knew what he was going to do to me. What scared me most was what he was about to do, I pushed myself to get to him before all of the rogues did, I watched as several more people came out of the forest, I recognized them to be a few elders from the clan and a few from the Coven.