A Knight's Scars

"Watching her, these things she said

The times she cried

Too frail to wake this time." -Ceremony, New Order

Jehanette stood still, thinking a bit about the issue at hand, but mind split into the problem with the King

"Pucelle," The tall boy made his way towards her, "I'd like to join you." His honey eyes blinking down at her, arms crossing over his chest.

She shook her head, thinking back to Arturia's threat in the changeroom, "I'm sorry but I do not think it would be a wise decision."

He sighed, "I let you come with me last time. I think it would only be fair if you return the gesture."

Jehanette gulped, looking over at the blonde for a second, "No," she lowered her head, "maybe next time, Love Spot."

Diarmuid leaned forward, whispering into her ear, "Did something happen between the two of you?"

She pulled back, staring at him wide-eyed, "Why would you say that?" She hated lying but even if she had said she was not afraid of the King, she really was.

"You seem a bit on edge and your neck was red when you came out. Are you certain she did not threaten you?" He furrowed his brows, concern lacing his words.

She shook her head, "No, no, I would not think she would be capable of that..." She never once looked him in the eye this time.

"If it's something she feels strongly about, I'm sure she would not think twice." He looked over at the King, lips thin and arms still crossed.

Their gazes locked for a second. The King of Knights had a look in her green eyes, behind her mask. They were clouded with emotion and then they seemed to brighten up.

"Are you going to stand there the entire day?" The King of the Knights hissed at the taller blonde (To be fair two simple inches made no difference) as her eyes narrowed, previous soft expression hardening, "We have an individual to defeat, in case it has already slipped your mind."

Jehanette shook her head in response and gulped, looking back up at the young man, "I really ought to go. Next time, I promise." Then she glanced over her shoulder towards the king, she had every right to be afraid of the shorter blonde. The king might have been tiny but short people make it up with how much anger they store. Pucelle managed a weak smile, but sincere nonetheless.

"Remember to pull your weight." The King warned, nearly glaring at Jehanette when she reached her.

"No worries, I believe I can manage." She blinked, holding her banner tightly in her hands, knuckles turning white with every second that passed. She was not irritated, per se, but simply very confused. Jehanette had too much patience for her own good, she knew it would be the end of her one day.