Curiosity

"Quite odd..." Jeanne mumbled under her breath nearly silently. Her nails tapped onto the glass countertop of the cashier. She was at work, had been for the past four hours; and all her mind was doing was thinking about what had happened with the King of Knights and Pretty Boy. Why could they have erased his memory?

Jeanne had already thought of a few theories, but there was one that stuck. She pushed off the counter and took a deep breath as she ruffled her bangs. The warm sunset light was leaking into the shop, colouring the bread with golden orange hues, the sweet smell of baked sweets lingering in the air around her. Her fingers glided over the smooth glass of the counter while she made her way to a coleslaw sandwich; she was permitted to have a snack every now and again.

The little chime above the door moved and rung as the door was pushed open, letting in the cool evening breeze.

Jeanne turned towards the door, a practised smile on her lips with ease.

"Jehanette?" Her eyes widened as she took note of the man at the door frame. Golden light shun around him like a halo.

"Love Spot?" She mumbled, amazed to see him standing before her—in casual clothing and without a green mask.

He stepped towards her, black curly hair pushed back as always, his flawless face almost glowing with the smile on his lips, "You can call me Diarmuid." He spoke as he fixed his light blue button up shirt.

"Are you hiding the curse thing?" She asked, leaning a little to her left to get a view of the band-aid on his face.

Diarmuid chuckled and gave a light nod, "Yes, it is very tedious having to deal with it."

"I am guessing it is not very effective..."

"Why would you assume so?"

Shrugging, she walked back to the counter, a sandwich in her hands, "You'll be handsome either way. I feel you have to change your style if you do not want girls to look your way."

He frowned, "But I like my style..."

Jeanne nodded, cracking a smile at the childish tone of his voice, "What are we doing today, are we going to train?"

"Well, we will be going to H.G.A since it would be better that way."

"Uhm," Jeanne cleared her throat, "I have not seen The Hound as of late, where has he been?" she rubbed the back of her neck.

Diarmuid made his way towards the young lady, a teasing smirk on his lips, "It seems to me that he might just have caught your eye."

She scoffed, "He is my partner, I should be allowed to be curious over his whereabouts."

Chuckling, the boy gave her a short nod, "He is in Tokyo; a few things that he needs to take care of before he becomes your partner."

"Agency stuff?" She asked.

Diarmuid shook his head, "Girl problems."

An eyebrow was raised as Jeanne opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted with Diarmuid's watch beeping.

"Sorry, we should be headed off to H.Q right now." He spoke, "Is your shift almost over?"

It wasn't long before they arrived in front of the building, having placed on the masks so that they were, hopefully, unrecognizable. They ducked in and immediately went to the respective change rooms after having talked intensively about how the Hound was reckless.

Jeanne unzipped her backpack and pulled out her banner, frowning on the fact that she had to transform again, how did it go again? "Make me strong?" she mumbled, but the magical process did not begin.