I Gripped You Tight And Raised You From Perdition (19)

Sam finally opened his eyes.

"Sam! Are you okay ?"

Sam sat up and groaned. "Yeah, lets get outta here,"

They stood up and left the small crevice.

"How the Hell are we gonna get outta Hell?" Dean moaned as they went up more staircases silently.

"Come on." Sam replied, taking lead but was quickly pulled back.

"Nuh-uh, I take lead, you hang back."

Sam sighed irratably but did as ordered.

They went up multiple staircases but it was clear it wasn't getting them anywhere.

Just as they were about to give up, there was a blinding light and Dean felt a scolding burn form on his arm but couldn't see what it was as the light blinded him.

And just as quick as it had bright, it went dark.

●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●

Sam felt the light die down and opened his eyes to find Dean gone. In his place stood Cas.

He seemed surprise to see him. "Sam?"

"Cas!" Sam smiled, pulling him into a hug. "What happened, where's Dean?"

"Back in his body, fully healed. He should wake up any second. Are you okay?" Cas asked.

"Yeah." Sam smiled.

Cas suddenly saw his soul. The once hazel was now almost completely smothered in black. "You...you killed him...didn't You?"

Sam nodded.

"How do you feel?"

"I'm fine."

Cas wasn't so sure.

"Let's get you out of here. Are you alive?"

"Yeah."

"Okay." Cas took his hand and Sam watched as his eyes lit up, blue light shining through. In a blink they were in a woods.

"Where are we?" Sam asked, following Cas who was following a river.

"Purgatory. God told me to follow the river to find the portal to earth."

"God?"

"Yes."

"You know God?"

"I met him an hour ago."

"Oh, what's he like?"

"It probably wouldnt be best to tell you,"

"...oh"

"It's Chuck." Cas caved in at the puppy eyes.

"What?!"

"Heres the portal," Cas told him and walked towards the light that was dragging them in. "Come on!" Cas yelled.

Sam smiled brightly. He was finally free.

He took cas' hand and they ran in, not turning back.

●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●

Dean awoke, finding it hard to breath as dirt filled his mouth. He dug his way out to find himself surrounded by a circle of fallen trees, the only other thing, beside himself, in the circle being a cross. He looked down. He'd been buried??

The memories came rushing back. The demon impersonating Cas. The sex obsessed brunette. Sammy's scream.

Sammy