Funeral (15)

Two weeks later

Cas walked into the old church. Gabriel walked beside him as Lucifer and Michael walked behind.

The church had a lot of people in as Lucifer had called Chuck and their friends from school.

He looked around, unsure of where to sit when he spotted Hannah. He walked over and without a word sat beside her. She was surprised at first but put her arm around him.

Gabriel sat beside him and Michfier behind.

The ceremony began and cas didn't really listen until was time for people to go up and say something.

Charlie stood up first. "Dean was like the older brother I never wanted," Charlie laughed sadly. "I loved the guy, as did everyone. He was one my best friends. Maybe even the best. He would always know how to make you laugh but was always there if you were upset. But the thing I love him the most for, is how he made my best friend the happiest guy on the planet. Him and Cassie were so in love, it was unbearable. Seriously, longer than two minutes In the same room as them and you were contemplating why you couldn't have that. Destiel was my OTP. Is my OTP. Because Dean will always be with us. And I know that we'll never forget him."

Charlie took her seat and then it was Lucifer's turn.

"Dean was a great guy. He was protective over his brothers, he was caring and he was strong. There was nothing Dean couldn't get through. He was my brother, as much as Gabe and Cas. And to see him go was heart breaking. But Dean would want us to get through this. He wouldnt want us to give up our fight. Dean was like that. He was selfless. He always wanted what was best for everyone else. He always will."

Chuck stood up, patting Lucifer on the shoulder as he did.

"When I found out about the three boys and everything they'd been through, I thought. Wow. These boys must be strong. They'd lost so much but yet they carried on going. So I couldn't turn them down my home, its what they deserved. Now when I met Dean, I could tell he was a great person. A boy to grow and accomplish great things as a man. He was my son for two weeks in papers, but to me, he will always be my son. This boy may have not have got the chance to accomplish the goals he had set himself, but he did make good use of his life. He made Cassie's life full of joy and love, and although their time together had a gap, Cas knew he would find him again. I'll miss Dean, but I have a feeling he won't be gone forever." Chuck returned to his seat.

There was silence as no one knew what the last part of chuck's speech meant before Gabriel stood up and went to the front.

"When Sam left, I was devastated." Gabriel's voice cracked on Sam's name. "I was afraid at first, that something had happened to him. The only thing that kept me going was that I knew nothing was going to happen to Sammy because I knew Dean wouldn't let that happen. Dean would not let anyone or anything hurt his baby brother. That's what I admired the most about Dean. How he would do anything to protect his brothers, he would literally take a bullet for them without any hesitation. And that showed how much love he had. He loved everyone. He didn't judge. To him, everyone had good in them. And if he didnt see it at first, he would eventually."

Cas took a deep breath before he went up. He hadnt prepared so he figured he'd just say what came to mind. "No words can express how much I loved Dean. He was my every thing. He is my everything. Everything about him was perfect. His emerald eyes. The way they brightened when he spoke about his brothers. His freckles that scattered his face in imperfect patterns. The way they were clearer in the Sun. His grin that could go from a flirtatious smirk to a goofy smile. The way he'd blush when I kissed him or told him I loved him." He looked down. "He always made sure I knew he loved me." A tear fell down his face. "Those three words...were his last. And I am honoured to be the person Dean chose to be his. I may not have got to grow old with him. Marry him. Get our own place. Got on a holiday. Adopt children with him...but simply knowing him was enough." Cas looked up to see all his family and friends looking at him sympathetically. "I'm gonna miss him. So, so much. I don't even know what I'm gonna do. I don't even know how I'm gonna live. But I'm gonna, because Dean would want me too. So like I said, I love Dean, more than I though possible. More than words can express. We're not gonna be the same without him. The world isn't gonna be the same without him."

Cas went back to his seat with tears in his eyes.

Michael decided not to go up. It was too hard for him and he never liked to do speeches in the first place.

A song began to play, picked by Cas.

All along it was a fever
A cold sweat got headed believer
I threw my hands in the air and said show me something
He said if you dare come a little closer

Round and around and around and around we go
Ooh, now tell me now tell me now tell me now you know

Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way You move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
Yeah it takes me all the way
I want you to stay

It's not much of a life you're living
It's not just something you take its given

Round and around and around and around we go
Ooh, now tell me now tell me now tell me now you know

Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I cant live without you
Yeah it takes me all the way
I want you to stay

Ooh, the reason I hold on
Ooh, cos I need this whole gone
Funny you're the broken one but I'm the only one who needed saving
Cos when you never see the light its hard to know which one of us is caving

Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I cant live without you
Yeah it takes me all the way
I want you to stay
I want you to stay
Ooh, oh, oh
I want you to stay
Ooh, oh, oh

"Now before go to the burial, we have a song given in by Michael Winchester. This is 'The Weight' sang by Dean."

●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●

After the burial they made their way to a pub called 'Hell's Highway'. The name was slightly innapropriate for the situation but they needed alcohol.

They spent the night telling funny stories about Dean.

Cas sat slightly back from them though.

Wise men say

A song echoed through the building. It was the main song in the play they'd got the main parts in. Of course, Dean had left and cas had dropped out so they never actually did it but it still reminded him of the fun of it.

The song was too much. It brought him a mixture of Dean memories as well as Shout and Twist feels.

He stood up and left the pub, preparing for the rest of his life.

Without Dean.