Chapter 30

Eva's POV

Harry looked at me questioningly as I looked at him.

"What is it?"

"Madison told me things," I began, "about how you were playing me. That none of this is real to you." 

Harry frowned as he tilted his head at me. He looked at me with a condescending stare and I suddenly felt myself grow insecure.

"I just," I sighed, "I realize that she could be lying-"

"She is lying," Harry grumbled, looking at me, "why would you believe that?"

I shrugged and bit my lip, "I don't know. It's just the way she said it..I guess I kind of believed her."

"Eva-"

Harry huffed and closed his eyes, shaking his head slightly as we stood in the deserted school hallway.

"You can't be serious," he said. I shrugged. 

"Do you really think that I'd risk all of this" he gestured between us, "for some stupid bet? I'd risk losing you a second time, for a bet? Seriously? Do you still not trust me?"

I bit my lip, "I don't know..I.."

"You what?"

I looked up to find Harry looking at me expectantly. I shrugged and looked down. He sighed and moved closer to me and tilted my chin up using his finger.

"Do you trust me, Eva," he asked. He saw the hesitation in my eyes when I nodded and frowned.

"You're not certain," he murmured, taking a step back. He ran a defeated hand through his hair and shrugged, sighing loudly. He looked at me helplessly.

"I don't know what else to do to convince you, Eva," he said, "I've been patient, hell - I'd even wait another hundred years if you asked me to..don't get me wrong. I've taken you out on countless dates, I've told you how beautiful you are, I've showed you how much you mean to me...what more do I need to do to prove myself?"

I looked down at the ground between us as tears began to brim my eyes. 

Why didn't I trust him? Why couldn't I trust him? He was my boyfriend. My Harry. 

But then why did I let Madison's words affect me.

"Madison said those things because she wants this to end," he explained, "she wants whatever we have and the truth is, she's never going to get it. Because I don't have that connection with anyone else but you. You may not think it all the time, but I want you to believe me when I tell you now that the way I feel about you is never going to change."

I felt my chin wobble as I nodded and walked towards him. I clung to his waist as I dug my face into his shirt, the smell of his cologne instantly calming me down. I felt a couple of tears escape my eyes as the realization of how stupid I was being flooded through me.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered, "I should have trusted you."

Harry wrapped his arms tightly around me and held me. He brought one of his hands to my hair and combed his fingers through it as we stood silently.

"My Eva," he whispered, "what am I going to do with you, hm?"

I snickered and shrugged, "I dunno."

"Well you're going to have to work out your priorities of who it is you're trusting because as of now, your list makes no sense, lovely," he teased. I giggled and squished my nose into his chest, holding him closer to me.

"Can you help me with chem now," I asked, looking up at him. I rested my chin on his chest as I peered up at him. I was short compared to him, but he thought it was cute so I guess I couldn't complain. 

Also, he made for a nice shade and windbreaker if I needed it, so I really couldn't complain. 

"Sure," he laughed. I smiled and shrugged as he led me down to the library.

~

We made out again. 

In my defense, we had studied for a good twenty minutes before I got up to go look for a textbook. Only problem was, Harry had followed me into the array of shelves and had pinned me up against a wall and kissed me. I mean, can you blame us?

We're hormonal teenagers in a relationship, these things happen.

I was relieved that our conversation about Madison's words didn't affect us. We had still continued to act like nothing was wrong and I loved it. 

"So," Harry said, "write the balanced equation of this one for me."

We had finally calmed down our hormones and decided to finish this lunch hour strong with a good amount of studying.

I shook my head and frowned, leaning over to nuzzle my face into Harry's shoulder. He sighed audibly, and nudged me.

"Baby, you have a test coming up. I don't want to see you get a bad mark, knowing full well that I could have helped," he chided. I groaned and looked up at him with a pout.

"Can't we take a break?" I asked. He rose an eyebrow.

"Were those ten minutes of us kissing not enough for you?" 

I blushed considerably and mumbled swears under my breath as I sat up straighter and worked out the equation he gave me. I shoved the paper over towards him and set my head down on the table in front of me. I closed my eyes and waited for Harry to check over my work and smiled slightly when he pressed his lips to my nose. I opened my eyes to find him watching me with an adoration I had only seen in movies.

"You got it right, beautiful," he whispered, smiling. I beamed at him and sat up, leaning over to press a kiss to his cheek.

"Now try this one," he said, shoving another question in my view. I frowned at him and tried to work this equation out and pouted when I couldn't find an answer.

"Help." I simply said. He chuckled and leaned into me, wrapping an arm around my waist as he began to explain the theory behind the more tricky question he had offered. And that's how we spent our lunch, completely engrossed in each other's company and chemistry.

And I was really happy with that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did you like this chapter?

Remember to vote and comment. It means a lot to me.

I'm so thankful for your support, thank you so much!!!

Have a beautiful day/night.

All the love,

S.