THIRTY<>YTRIHT

A FEW DAYS LATER....

"Buck, it's time."

Steve stood in the doorway to James's room. The man sat on his bed, looking at a picture of him and Elias.

"Please tell me you'll take good care of her," James says to him.

"I will. I'll make sure she remembers everything about you."

James nodded and followed Steve out of his room. Before he went to the lab, he went into Elias's room. She was playing Pyramid with Wanda, Clint, Scott, and Sam. So far, Elias was winning.

"Hey, James." Wanda says with a smile.

The others, along with Elias, smile and wave at him.

"I'm guessing you're going under today?" Clint says.

"Yeah. I just came by for one last time since it's gonna be awhile." James says with a sad smile.

"Well, we wish the best to you." Scott says with a grin.

Elias nodded and looked up at James.

"If it makes you feel any better, I can give you a hug?" Elias offered.

Without another thought, James hugged Elias tightly.

"Um, can't breathe!"

"Sorry!" James broke away from her, his heart sinking when he looked in her eyes. They held no recognition of him.

"Well, I guess I should go." James says and follows Steve out of Elias's room.

After James went under cryo, Elias was allowed to walk around. She's been bored with just sitting around in a hospital room all day.

"You should see the gardens." Scott says as he joins Elias.

"Okay. So, I heard that I know you guys?" Elias asked unsurely.

"Yeah, but you only met me once. I helped Team Cap."

"And how do I know James?"

"You're his girlfriend. From what I've heard, you stayed with him for two years. But before, you met him while he was the Winter Soldier, an assassin of Hydra."

"Hydra?"

"You know, the uh, skeletal octopus logo and Nazis and the take over the world and killer agents?"

Elias stood there with a confused expression.

"Steve can explain that to you. But you were Hydra for....eight years? Yeah, eight years."

"I worked for the bad guys?!" She shrieked.

"You don't anymore! Don't worry!" Scott says quickly.

Elias breathed deeply. "Oh, okay! Don't do that!" She chuckled sheepishly as Scott led her to the gardens.