TWENTY EIGHT<>THGIE YTNEWT

"Even as I wander, I'm keeping you in sight. You're a candle in the window on cold dark winter's night...."

Elias's drowsy singing echoed through the room. She got a new straight jacket and her collar was more potent then the other one she had on.

"Cause baby I can't....CARRY on my wayward son....."

"Elias, please stop." Scott says in annoyance.

She looked over and smirked before falling onto her cot and going to sleep.

"What was that about?" Clint asked.

"That sleeping gas probably messed with her senses and those electrical shocks...." Sam trailed off as he heard someone walking in. Steve walked over to Clint's cell, a grin on his face.

"Someone order a rescue?"

"Steve!" Everyone exclaimed.

Steve waved and started to unlock their cells. When he got to Elias's, he froze.

"She's just sleeping!" Sam called from the other room.

Steve sighed with relief and picked up the woman, holding her limp form close to him. The group gets to a jet and they pile in, all of them buckling themselves. Steve laid Elias on the ground, a small noise escaping her throat.

"Steve?" She asked hoarsely.

"Yeah, it's me." He says and starts up the jet.

"Steve." She says again before going to sleep again.

Steve stood next to Elias's hospital bed. He flew all the way to Wakanda for T'Challa's help and because he needed refuge.

James came in, the remainder of his metal arm covered by a black cuff.

"How is she?" He asked Steve.

"She's okay." Steve says, although his tone said otherwise.

"And?" James questioned again.

Steve looked at Elias with a pained look.

"The electrical shocks that were given, they affected her brain. They said she could wake up and not remember any of us."

James became panicked as he looked between Steve and Elias.

"She will remember! I know that!"

Steve shook his head. "Think of the electrical shocks she got. It's just like the memory wiping, Bucky."

James opened his mouth to protest but shut it. Steve was right. Enough electricity and that could wipe someone's memory.

He pushed that aside and looked back at Elias.

"I know it's like the memory wiping technique, but she will remember someone! At least have her remember me." James says and sits on the bed next to her.

"Please remember, Elyzia. You're the only Elyzia or Elias I'll ever love." With that, he kissed her forehead and stood up, walking out and leaving Steve.