FIVE<>EVIF

"I remember this place. I did most of my training here."

Steve reminisced over his years of military training as Elias looked around the abandoned buildings. She wondered what it was like during Steve's time.

What was the US Army like back in 1941?

Elias ran her fingers along the brick buildings, smirking at a thought.

"Did you ever fondue it up with a lady, Rogers?" Elias joked.

Steve rolled his eyes and turned to Natasha. The two headed toward a building, Elias following shortly.

"This building is in the wrong place," Steve said and broke the lock off the door with his shield.

The three stepped in and glanced around the old conference room.

"This is SHIELD," Natasha says in awe as she looked around the place.

"Or maybe where it started," Steve said.

Elias walked into a room with Steve, eyeing the old photos on the wall.

"There's Stark's father," Natasha spoke, pointing to the old picture.

"Who's the girl?" Elias questioned and looked at Steve.

The man didn't answer her as he turned away. Elias looked at the picture, the light bulb going off.

Peggy Carter.

"Elias, come on!" Natasha called to her.

Elias ran to the hidden elevator and got in, standing between Natasha and Steve. She felt pretty small next to Steve.

"What do you think is here?" Elias asked.

"I don't know. Maybe answers." Steve replied.

The elevator dinged and the doors slid open to reveal a room of old data forums.

"This can't be the data-point. This technology is ancient." Natasha spotted a small flash drive port and walked up to it, plugging the hard drive in. She typed something into the computer.

"Y-E-S spells yes."

Elias chuckled half-heartedly at Natasha's comment.

"Shall we play a game?" Natasha joked and glanced back at Steve. "It's a movie..."

"Yeah, I saw it." He answered.

The computer had a little static before an accent spoke.

"Rogers, Steven. Born 1918. Romanovna, Natalia Alianova. Born 1984. Crimsenovna, Elyzia Alexandria. Born 1979."

"It's some kind of recording," Elias said.

"I am not a recording, Fräulein. I may not be the man I was when the Captain took me prisoner in 1945, but I am." A picture of a man appeared on one of the computer screens.

"You know this thing?" Natasha asked.

"Arnim Zola was a German Hydra scientist who worked for the Red Skull. He's been dead for years." Steve explained.

"First correction, I am Swiss."

The scientist went on talking about how he was taken into SHIELD and started Hydra again; how Hydra became a parasite in SHIELD. He went on about an algorithm, Project Insight, a Hydra funded plan to kill all threats or potential threats in the world. Zola said the three were on their kill list. Elias punched the screen with Zola's face. Her knuckles started to bleed as she retracted her fist. His face popped up again and he continued talking. He then told them that Hydra found them in the bunker.

"Get the drive and let's go!" Steve ordered.

Elias grabbed the drive and darted to the elevator. She got in but a giant steel door shut her in, separating her from Natasha and Steve.

"STEVE!!!" Elias screamed.

"ELIAS!" She heard the faint shout of Steve.

The elevator went up with Elias in it. She heard the whirring of helicopter rotors and the hums of car engines. The elevator opened and she ran out of there. She ran as fast as her abilities would let her.

"There! Get her now!" She heard Rumlow order.

She heard the agents chasing her.

I can't go back! I can't!

When she looked over her shoulder, she was shot by a tranquilizing dart. She pulled it out of her arm.

"No! No." She sighed and fell to the ground.

Before she blacked out, she saw Rumlow and his men approach her limp body.

"Sir, we have her," was the last thing Elias heard before blacking out.