TWENTY THREE<>EERHT YTNEWT

Elias sat in front of James, her leg in a splint and make shift crutches next to her. She wanted James to wake up; to hold her in his arms and kiss her. Steve gave her a little comfort. She was grateful for it, but she wanted James's comfort. But she didn't want to show her vulnerability to Steve or Sam.

"Steve, can you help me up? And I think the splint won't be necessary anymore." Elias says.

Steve walked over and helped her up.

"Elias, I want to tell you–"

"I'm not in the mood for a lecture. I just want help up and to be left alone." Elias says to Steve as she stood up. She unwrapped her leg, feeling the bone to make sure it was mended together. It was, but the bullet wound was still there.

"That's gonna leave a mark." She mumbled as she wrapped gauze around her leg.

She looked around the warehouse they were in, reading all the signs or plaques on the walls.

"Elyzia?"

Elias perked up at the call of her name. She saw James speed walk to her. Before she could react, he wrapped his arms tightly around her. That's when Elias broke. Her walls came tumbling down and she started sobbing. She wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her face in the crook of his neck.

"What did they do to you?"

Elias shook her head, not wanting to talk about it.

James ran his metal hand over her hair, soothing her.

"Are two a thing?" Steve walked up to James, a small smirk on his face.

"Been together for two years." James says, holding Elias closer to him.

Steve saw Elias break away from James. Her eyes were red and her nose was stuffy.

"You okay, Elias?" Steve asked softly.

"Yeah. I-I'm fine." Elias says hoarsely, wiping her eyes .

"Good. We have business to do."

Elias sat in the back of the car with James. He was obviously not happy about Sam putting the seat down all the way, squishing his legs and blocking the door so he couldn't get out. Steve was talking with Agent Sharon Carter outside. She brought their suits and weapons, and she brought a special suit and weapon for Elias.

"Can you move your seat up?" James asked Sam.

"No."

Elias rolled her eyes, muttering an insult in Austrian. James smirked at what she said and wrapped an arm around her. The three in the car looked back at Steve who thanked Sharon before she kissed him. When she broke away, Steve glanced over and saw the three nodding and smirking. Steve chuckled lightly and grabbed their suits.

They're all idiots, Steve thought humorously.