Exposed

Something had told me this was bound to happen again, just a niggling feeling I guess, but this time the sceniro was much worse. Aspen was here and hopefully she took my advice and hid. It was bad enough that I feared for my life but to fear for Aspen's life  as well was heart pounding terror. Not only that, I worried she could hear this conversation and conclude that I hadn't been totally honest about my murder. I mostly hid it from her due to shame.

The truth was that this douche bag wasn't only Cassidy's boyfriend but her pimp as well. That's right, Cassidy was a high dollar call girl that I met at a swank bar one night. At first I didn't know she was a hooker. Cassidy seemed well educated, beautiful and dressed in the latest fashions. She definitely didn't look hooker material. I ended up in a hotel room with her that night and you could imagine my surprise when morning came and she demanded that I owed her two thousand for an entire night. Of course I refused her payment, I was livid but at the same time something about Cassidy had captured me. I couldn't get her out of my mind so I hunted her down. We started a whirlwind love affair and I was convinced that her feelings for me was as strong as mine for her. Many times I begged her to just quit, run away with me, I'd take care of her, but that bastard ruled her with a iron grip laced with fear. During our time together I never paid Cassidy for her time. However I did buy her gifts and whisk her off to tropical paradise' s, but I was just doing the typical boyfriend thing, spoiling my girl.

That's what led to this moment right here. Cassidy and I had a argument once again about her leaving the streets and she fled from me back to her pimp ass boyfriend. I did love her but I finally realized she was just using me for the gifts and trips, so in away, yea, I was paying for her time. Anyways she told her boyfriend about our relationship and he didn't take it lightly. He saw it as money he was owed for my time with Cassidy. Busting into my apartment he demanded thirty thousand bucks or my life. Sure, I had the money but I wasn't willing to give him nor her a dime. I was basically calling his bluff, I honestly didn't think he'd kill me and I was wrong. So wrong.

So now the story unfolds yet again and I need to be very wise in my choices. Honestly I didn't even know if he'd allow me to live even if I did hand over the cash. Trying to buy time to think, I said. "I've got the money but I can't get it until the bank opens".

He looked skeptical at first then jabbed the gun in my chest that's when I heard a gasp and I knew exactly who that gasp came from, Aspen. I squinted my eye's shut tightly and prayed they hadn't heard her blunder. I was crazy to even think that Aspen would have listened to me and hid. Cassidy and Matt, her boyfriend slash pimp shared a concerned look and I knew they had heard. Jabbing the gun harder into my chest Matt questioned. "You got somebody here man?"

Shaking my head I said "no".

Nodding his head toward Cassidy he snarled. "Check it out".

Cassidy strode out in search of the noise. I heard Aspen trying to skitter away then Cassidy yell back towards us. "He has a girl here".

"Bring her here" Matt demanded.

I heard a scuffle a knew Aspen was putting up a fight. Then I heard Cassidy yell "you bitch" followed by Aspen groan. A few minutes later Cassidy drug a fighting Aspen in by her hair. Aspen broke free and came to my side huddling under my arm. Cassidy had two vicious looking claw marks down her cheek and in that moment I was proud of my baby. Matt pointed his gun toward Aspen and hummed. "Well, well, what do we have here?"

Before I could answer Cassidy snarled. "Didn't take long for you to find a replacement did it? She's awfully young don't ya think Evan?"

A slimy grin crossed Matt's face and he took his gun and used it to open up the collar of Aspen's pajama top wider. Moving forward I growled. "Don't you fucking touch her you piece of shit".

Laughing he removed the gun and pointed it at me again. Looking at Aspen he asked. "What's your name cutie pie?"

"I'm not your fucking cutie pie". Aspen growled and I caught a glimpse of my older, rebellious Aspen. Good, she would need that extra attitude boost to deal with this mess. The mess I innocently sucked her into. Bending down into her face Matt hissed. "I have ways to break mouthy ass girls. I suggest you give me a name lest you find out".

"Aspen" she spit toward him like venom. Giving his greasy smile again he pulled her to the center of the room and proceeded to walk perverted circles around her sizing her body up. "Hmmm.... I could really make top dollars off of you". He mumbled mostly to himself.

Glaring at me he snarkly stated. "You have until twelve tonight to gather my money. In the meantime I think I'll take this little angel with me to insure my payment and no cops involved. Meet me by twelve at the old lumber warehouse down by the bay. Understand that if you aren't on time or fail to follow instructions she will be mine to do as I please."

Moving toward him he placed the gun to Aspen's temple causing me to stop in my tracks. "I mean what I say Evan. If she means anything to you be on time or within the hour she will be sold to the grubbiest customer I can find" .

My eye's found Aspen's and my heart ripped into at the fear in her eye's, knowing there was nothing I could do to save her at the moment. "Aspen baby, don't worry. I'll be there". Looking at Matt I threatened. "Had not a hair on her head better be harmed or I promise I will kill the both of you".

Grinning down at Aspen he whispered in her ear as she cringed. "Hmm... he's the protective type I see".

With that he slammed his pistol into her head rendering her unconscious. It was the only way to make sure she didn't cause a scene when leaving my building. Helplessly I watched as he tossed Aspen over his shoulder and left. Waisting no time I quickly dressed and grabbed all I would need to extract the money from the bank.