Murderer

What the hell am I doing, what am I thinking? I just kissed Aspen. I'm not supposed to do that, this isn't suppose to happen. I'm not even human but yet I still get yearnings that of a male human. This is impossible. I'm here strictly on business so to say, not to seduce the poor girl. I very well may have just blown this entire mission, but as I pulled my lips from hers and gazed into her sapphire eye's filled with lust, I knew it was worth it and I'd do it again. I want to do it again. Right now I want to smother her with my mouth and do so much more to her. Aspen deserves to know what real love feels like and I can show her.

Thunder sounded in the far off distance and angry clouds seemed to be moving in rather fast. Yep, that's my sign, their way of telling me I have made a royal mistake. There's no going back now, no rewind button on this mess, but I'll take whatever they throw at me. I wouldn't take it back if I could. It's funny how life works, I thought I was in love once with Cassidy but all that was just a sham. This, this right here with Aspen was real and I couldn't lose her ever. I have fallen hard for this twisted, tough cookie, but I know the inevitable will come, the day she's strong and I am called home. As for now I will pretend Aspen is mine If only for a little while.

Noticing that Aspen's lust filled eye's had dimmed and uncertainty was crossing her features I ran my hands slowly up and down her arms to calm her. "You kissed me?" She said slowly.

It wasn't exactly a question but more of a statement. "Yes I did".

"But we shouldn't, I can't, your an angel, we can't do this". I smiled at how flustered and confused she was as her thoughts ran rampant through her mind then she spoke again. "Or can we?"

It was if she was thinking out loud and her thoughts was at war with right and wrong. Laughing at my bundle of cuteness I gave her no more time to mull it over. Lifting her up to my lips I picked up where I left off. This time something snapped in Aspen and she met my firey passion with a smoldering passion of her own. She cradled my head in her hands and if was if she was trying to get as deep as she could in my mouth. I was aware my current was at a high and I knew she could feel how badly I wanted her but when she moaned out I knew I needed to back off before my current overtook her to much and sent her sailing into a unforgettable climax.

Once I pulled away I noticed during our steamy session that I had started floating with her in my arms. We were no longer standing atop the bridge. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear I said in a deep voice. "Let's get you home angel".

Arching a amusing brow at my new nickname for her she agreed. Once home it didn't take long before she was snoozing doing her adorable little chewing motion. She probably fell asleep quickly because my current had drained a lot of her energy. I was heading to the couch when a strange sensation overcame me. If was if I was going numb and feeling weak. Then right before my eye's my body started breaking up into tiny particles, almost like a scene from a scifi movie. Soon I was totally evaporated. I couldn't see myself but I could feel myself in a jelly type state. It wasn't long before all these particles came together again and I was complete, whole, but I was no longer in Aspen's apartment. With one glance I knew where I was at and Belle came into view with a look of dread. In a blink she was in my face and hissing. "What are you doing Gath? You know the rules. You know any emotional connection is prohibited".

I just stood there and watched her normally brownish gold eye's turn to yellow flames as she continued. "You very well may have cost that poor child her soul and blew your second chance as well".

"But I love her" I said meekly and that was the only defense I had. For a split second I thought I saw remorse flicker  in Belles raging eye's. Calming herself she spoke curtly. "I must speak to the higher up about this. I shall return".

Like a gust of wind Belle vanished and I waited which was torture of it's own. Not knowing what was going to happen or what to expect next. After what felt like eons Belle ghosted back in. Giving me a fixed stare she spoke with command. "You are to return and lead Aspen to righteousness. However I must tell you some truths. Do you remember her father?"

"No, should I?"

Placing her hands on my temple she projected a memory into my mind. Horror struck me and if I was human I'd would have lost the contents of my stomach. This simply couldn't be. The man I fired over safety equipment was Aspen's father. I'm responsible for his death as well as Aspen's ruined life. I'm just as guilty as the man who took my life. Even though my hand didn't kill him my actions did. I was a murderer.

"I'm ashamed" I whispered.

"The fates for you have now changed my dear Gath". Belle spoke.

"You will continue to save Aspen's soul but you must tell her the truth. You must tell her how you played a role in her father's untimely death. If she chooses to forgive you and continues to love you, you will be granted admittance to the other side. If she chooses the ladder, you are doomed".

Breathing in deep I accepted my new fate. I knew this truth would crush my Aspen and I hated to be the one to hurt her. I wasn't even sure if she loved me and if she did was her love strong enough to forgive me. Even if she couldn't forgive me and I was doomed I would without a doubt make sure her soul was saved, even if it cost me mine.