Flash

I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far!! Love to hear your thoughts so drop a comment and vote if you like what you read! Thanks bunches!

My day zoomed by and before I knew it, it was time for me to report for work. I hadn't given anymore thought to the recent occurrences, it just seemed better to not think about it. I have never been one to really believe in ghosts or other supernatural mumbo jumbo and besides who would want to haunt me. I mean my life is so dull a spirit would even feel sorry for me. Everything that has happened recently is just a coincidence and workings of my overactive imagination. It was time to get a grip and put all that hogwash behind me, and I had done just that until I got to work.

Soon as I got there a customer was waiting on me so I tossed my coat and bag aside and scrubbed my hands. Snapping on a pair of latex gloves I entered my booth. Inwardly, I rolled my eye's as I saw a repeat customer who seemed to never learn. Sasha was a victim of her own ignorance but I just kept my trap shut and gave her what she wanted, After all she was paying my bills. At least every three months she skipped in here with her bubbly self and dingy personality. Don't get me wrong, she was a sweetpea and a delight to work with, she was just to gullible when it came to men. She would gush over her newest boyfriend and share stories of how in love they was and they had goals. Demand that I permanently stamp his name on some part of her body while covering up the last boyfriends name. So far I had done this four times in the course of two years. So, here's a tip people... Don't get your lover's name tattooed on you unless you've hit a major milestone, like maybe three to five years. No, I'm lieing, I've actually covered up love tattoos on people that was married for years. Do what you want by all means.

Anyways I plastered a fake and very rare sunny smile on my face. "What can I do for you today Sasha?"

"OMG!! Aspen I have finally met the one. He's going to marry me and we are going to live Rome, well after he leaves his wife and all that is".

Squinting at her stupidity I questioned. "His wife?"

"Yes, I know it sounds horrible but she's really a witch to him and treats him like garbage. Technically their already separated and he sleeps on the couch. He's just waiting for the right time to tell his kids".

"Ohhh". Was all I could say as I turned away to hide my "you dumb bitch" expression. "So Sasha, what can I do?"

Giving me a cute smile she purred. "I want his name on my left tit".

"No problem. What's the name doll?"

"Eugene. Oh and can you cover up Tanks name with a unicorn?"

Tank was her latest mistake. Some muscle bound douche that was so full of himself. "I sure can".

As I got started on the newest name I asked mostly to be friendly and make conversation. "So what happened with Tank?"

"Humpf.. I caught that bastard with his personal trainer, who by the way is a man".

Stifling my laughter from her outrageous life I sadly shook my head and muttered. "Life can really screw us sometimes".

At the mention of screw Sasha went into a full blown, detail oriented conversation about the hot sex she shared with her newest flavor. Tuning the majority of her chatter out I only nodded and replied when necessary. I mean I really didn't need to know about his obsession with stuffing her vagina with various fruits and vegetables. That was just an over share.

Thankfully it didn't take long before I completed her work and as always I took a picture with her in support of my art. I did this with every customer and put them on the outside bulletin board to draw more clients in. Once she was gone I embraced the silence of the room as I playfully banged my head on the wall. It had been a busy night and was after midnight when I was ready to go. Gathering my belongings I entered the lobby where Silvia, the desk attendant was engrossed in some game show. "See ya tommorw Silv". I called as i gripped the door handle. "Oh wait". Silvia screeched in her very nasal voice.

"Yes" I said turning around.

"I have the pictures of you and your clients today. Do you want to display them before you go?"

"Nah, I'll do it tomorrow". I said turning to go once once more.

"But wait Aspen, there's something you need to see".

Knowing I wouldn't get out of here until I gave into her pestering, I sulked over to her desk relunticaly. Silvia scattered the photos out amongst her desk. Glancing at them in a rush to leave I didn't see anything that stuck out from the normal. "I don't see anything unusual".

"Look closer Aspen".

Biting the inside of my cheek in irritation I gave a closer look and that's when I noticed a soft yellowish glow hovering beside me in all the pictures. Shrugging it off I spoke. "Probably just a reflection or something like that".

Silvia shook her head causing her tight red curls to bounce. "No girl, this isn't a simple reflection showing up in all these photos. It's a orb".

"A what?" I asked sarcastically

"A orb, a spirit of some sort. Could be a ghost, angel, or demon".

She let the word demon roll off her tounge slowly and threatening. Busting out in laughter at her seriousness I said between guffaws. "That's just absurd. I don't believe in any of that mess".

Yes, I was lieing, mostly because of the recent happenings and admitting to it would make it real. Silvia gave me a stern look over her spectacles. "I'm serious Aspen. Things like this do exist. You need to do your research".

Nodding my head in hopes she'd shutup I agreed. Swiping the photos up I stashed them into my bag. "I'll bring these back tomorrow okay?"

Finally I was out of there and my heartbeat was erratic. Canceling my plans to stop by the Dragon's Lair I rushed home. I knew exactly what I was going to do. Once inside my apartment, I bolted my door shut and tossed my bag onto my bed. Getting on my knees I looked under my bed and pulled several storage boxes out. These boxes contained some of my dad's belongings as well as my childhood memorabilia. Flipping the lid off the first box I rummaged through it but didn't find what I was looking for. It took me until the third box to end my hunt. Pulling my dad's old Polaroid camera from the box I felt like a magician. Pushing things aside I found some film and loaded the camera. This camera would give me a different perspective than a phone camera. Holding it out in front of me I took a few selfies and let the pictures fall to the floor. Next I took various shots around the room. Finally satisfied, I gathered the pictures from the floor and shook a few that hadn't developed yet. Feeling as if I were going crazy I settled down at my small breakfast nook to examine the shots. Sure enough there was the same exact glow in every portrait. Standing up I could feel the hairs on my neck prickle as I glanced around my room. "Where are you?" I muttered.

Nothing.

"I know your here. Show yourself you bastard"

Nothing.

Getting angry I stomped my foot. "I'm not afraid of you and I'm telling you now to leave me the hell alone whatever you are. I saw you once, you and your black wing's. Show. Yourself. Now."

Still nothing.

"Why are you here? What do you want with me?"

That's right, nothing.

Getting overly worked up I was about to start tearing my pad apart to find some answers when I felt a calming warmth come over me and a soft tickle on my neck. Standing still I whispered. "Is that you?"