Chapter Eight: I Don't Like Surprises!!

The cold air hit me as I stepped through the door. The familiar look of the ice was welcoming and I had to rush down to the benches. I plopped my bag onto the bench that was closest to the ice. My phone started ringing from the side pocket I put it in. I was 100% sure it was Tamaki, this has happened everyday for the past week.

"Morning..." I state a bit sadly. I was so looking forward to getting on the ice as soon possible.

"Are you okay? You sound upset? Where are you, I'll come and see you!" The blonde boy states from the other side of the phone.

"Don't worry, Tamaki. I'm completely fine. Nothing is wrong." I state looking at the ice with a longing expression.

"I know you're upset about something, I can hear it in your voice. Is it because I called you? That's it, isn't?" He asks with pain in his voice.

"No, Tamaki! No, no, no! Why would I be upset?" I ask him.

"Well, you were obviously hoping that your boyfriend was calling you..." Tamaki says in a no duh voice. I am completely baffled.

"Who is this boyfriend everyone keeps talking about?! I don't have a boyfriend!!" I explain angrily.

"So you and Jun aren't dating...?"

"No, Jun and I are best friends. Nothing more, nothing less." I state.

"Oh... well, Kitten. I'm a busy person, especially today. I have to go." Tamaki tells me. I smile, so close to the ice...

"Alright, Tamaki, I'll see you tomorrow." And then we hang up on each other.

I pull out the glossy, pure white skates. I lace them up as quickly as I can. Today I'm wearing black leggings and a pink long-sleeved t-shirt. My hair is up in a ponytail. I get on the ice as quickly as possibly. I skate a few laps to get a feel of the ice that I haven't been on in ages.

I do a short program routine and hop off the ice breathing heavily. I grab the bottle of water and gulp down some water. I look to the stands expecting to see my sister in her usual seat, but Jun is there. He walks down to me.

"I'm not sure I can believe you stayed off the ice without me. Your flying spin wasn't early at all, your footwork was amazing, and that double-axel was perfect." He states holding my shoulders. I smile.

"I swear, on my life, that I haven't even taken a step inside this place since the day you left." I say with a hand over my heart. He pulls me into a hug with his lips lingering by my ear.

"Well, now, we're both home." He states as we take a seat on the bench. As we sit, I realize how much he's grown.

"Home sweet home..." I say with a smile lingering on my face.

"I brought something for you." He reaches back and takes something from his pocket.

"Chocolate pocky sticks!! I got you strawberry pocky sticks." I hand him the pocky sticks that would make me break out in hives, and he hands me my favourite flavoured ones. We had a tradition of eating pocky sticks after every practice. I guess we still do.

"I'll have mine after I do my practice." He states while he laces up his skates. I sit and watch him as he makes a few circles around the ice rink. Right when he's about to start, my phone rings.

"Hello-" I start to greet the person, but they cut me off.

"Where are you?" The cold voice of Kyoya questoons.

"I'm out with Jun, why?" I ask.

"Tamaki told me that you were at your house, and to pick you up here!" He almost yells.

"I never told Tamaki where I was when he called. Where would we be going?" I ask him now intrigued.

"I can't tell you. But how soon can you get home?" He asks with his voice becoming calmer and less rigid.

"Ten to twenty minutes. I'll be there as soon as I can." I inform him.

"Great, I'll see you then." And we hang up. I turn around and see Jun standing there, done his short program.

"Who was that?" He asks kindly.

"The group of guys I introduced you to last night wants me to do something with them." I tell him.

"Oh. Have fun." He states blandly. I run and give him a hug.

"I'm sorry I missed your practice." I whisper in his ear. I grab my skates and put them in my bag, grab my pocky sticks, and run out of the arena as quickly as possible.

-----------

*Kyoya P.O.V*

I see a figure coming towards me in ten minutes after my call to Kasumi. I realized, that it was her. She had a bag with her too. I stand up to greet her.

"Afternoon, Miss-" She cuts me off as she runs inside.

She comes out minutes later with a different bag, and she's wearing dark blue jean shorts, a purple tank top, and purple sandals to match. She has pulled her hair out of her former ponytail, too.

"Under twenty minutes." She states as she walks to the car that was waiting. The door was opened for her and she gets in. I follow her actions.

"Well as I was saying before you cut me off: Afternoon, Miss Roromiya." I tell her. She stifles a laugh.

"Not so nice when somebody cuts you off from greeting them is it, Kyoya?" She asks me with her blue eyes dancing with laughter.

"I formally apologize for that." She smiles at me saying that. She has such a perfect smile...

"So, can you tell me where we're going?" She asks. I shake my head.

"We still have to pick up five other people, perhaps they would tell you." I say with a teasing tone, knowing that nobody else will tell her.

"It was worth a try..." She states with a sigh.

The car stops and the door opens. Kaoru and Hikaru step in. As soon as they see the two empty seats next to Kasumi, they take them.

She pulls a box out of her bag. I see that they're chocolate pocky sticks. She munches on them happily.

Hikaru and Kaoru both take one and eat them. She elbows both of them.

"Mine..." She growls at the boys.

"Why are you so grumpy? I'm sure as soon as you see where we're going, you''ll be very happy." Hikaru teases her.

"Can you please tell me where we're going?!" She asks very frustratedly.

"Sorry, we can't, it's a surprise." They state together.

"I don't like surprises..." She mumbles.

*Kasumi P.O.V*

The only boy left missing, Tamaki, finally got into the limousine. He smiled at me until he saw my expression. Anger was most likely written on my face, because that's how I felt, angry! Angry and kidnapped because I don't know where I'm being taken to.

"Are you okay, Kitten?!" Tamaki asks me. A tight smile gets put onto my face.

"Just peachy."