Chapter Seven: Misunderstandings...

*Kyoya P.O.V*

I walk back over to the group of hosts who gape at the embracing duo.

"Kasumi... has a boyfriend?!" Tamaki wonders out loud, seeming heartbroken about this.

"I don't think that's it." I contradict his assumption. All the hosts turn to stare at me.

"It's pretty obvious, Kyoya. I mean, look at the way they're hugging." Hikaru states.

"They're obviously in love." Kaoru adds.

I stare at the two hugging. Of course, I can see adoration and high respect for one another in their eyes, but I don't see them in love with each other. But maybe I'm just telling myself that...

'Wait, why would I need to tell myself that....' I ask myself. I'm just shocked, like the other boys.

"Hey, they're coming over here!! Hi Kasu-Chan!!" Honey-sempai calls. while waving. Her eyes brighten more than they already were.

*Kasumi P.O.V*

I have to admit, Honey-sempai is so adorable! He looks just like a little boy.

"You two certainly seem close." Jun states from my side.

"Honey-sempai is like that with everyone." I explain smiling at him.

"Like what?" He asks.

"Adorable, inviting, childish, and friendly." I state as we reach the boys that make the Ouran Private Academy Host Club.

"Good evening, boys." I greet the group and they all smile at me. I turn to Jun, "Gentlemen, this is Jun. He is my best friend." I state.

"Definitely, I've known Rose over here since we were kids." Jun says wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Rose...?" Tamaki questions the nickname.

"Uh, it's nothing, just a nickname he gave me a while back." I say with a light blush an my face.

"Oh yeah, it started back in middle school. Every time she got one of those notes, she would read them at school then wait until after school to get worked up about it. Her face would end up as red as a crimson rose." I blush even more as Jun says this. I bet my face is crimson now.

"What did these notes happen to say?" Kyoya asked coldly. I glare at him for a second.

"Some delusional boys proclaiming that they are absolutely, madly in love with her. But the next day, she would simply just turn whoever it was down." Jun says, then adds, "I'm sure she still gets them, they just stopped bothering her after 8th year."

"Love letters...? You got love letters...?" Tamaki questions to me. I nod as my blush finally fades.

"Yeah, all the time, about once a month. Still do." I state remembering the last silly note that was left in my desk. Some of them had poems in them, some of them just asked me out.

"You still get them?! I'm mean, they started back in 7th year! You've never even said yes to one of them, how can they not get the fact that it's not going to happen?" Hikaru starts ranting and I just shrug my shoulders.

"I guess it's because I've never said yes to one. It gives them hope. As long as people have hope, they never despair." I state.

"Why haven't you said yes to one? I'm mean, there are a lot of boys at school who would look good standing next to you." Kaoru declares. I feel a light blush on my cheeks.

"To me, it's about the connection the two have, not about the looks. Like Jun and me, he probably knows me better than I know myself." I state wrapping an arm over his shoulders and squeezing. I feel eyes on me and look over to meet Kyoya's stern gaze. I can see something in his eyes, but I can't quite pinpoint it. Jealousy...? It can't be.

*Kyoya P.O.V*

Kasumi and I hold each others gaze for what seems like forever but is only seconds.

"Do you wanna dance, Jun?" She asks him with a special gleam in her eyes that I know only he understands. I feel a ping in my chest as he takes her hand and leads her out onto the dance floor.

I watch them waltz around the floor ever so elegantly. She laughs at certain things he says. Sometimes he laughs at things she says. Then they laugh together. What on earth could they be talking about?!

The song finally ends and they hug. ping. I let out a sigh of relief when she walks back over without him at her side.

"You looked like a queen out on the dance floor, Kitten." Tamaki states propped up on one knee, taking her hand, and placing a gentle kiss on her knuckles. I roll my eyes.

"Thank you, Tamaki-sempai." She thanks him. And once again she gets whisked out onto the dance floor. Tamaki may be an extraordinary dancer, but next to Kasumi he looks more at the intermediate level.

The twins are the first to approach her when she returns. "So, who ya gonna dance with now-" Hikaru starts the question.

"Me or Hikaru?" Kaoru finishes the question. Kasumi shrugs, but looks as if she doesn't want to choose. I take this as my que to step in.

I simply wrap an arm around her waist and turn us towards the dance floor, saying, "Miss Roromiya is dancing with me."

*Kasumi P.O.V*

I let out a sigh of relief as Kyoya leads me out on to the floor. I place a hand on his shoulder, and he placed a hand on my waist. We clasp our hands together and start dancing just as a new song starts up. Kyoya's hand feels cold against my warm one. It only feels so cold because I have been dancing so much and I'm all warm.

"Thanks, Kyoya, I owe you one. That could've been really bad. I mean, what if the one that I didn't pick got mad...?" I start rambling and Kyoya stops me.

"Everything would've been fine. You could've just made an excuse. Like you had to go check on the food display, or you had to go play piano again, or you had to go see your boyfriend." A confused look crosses my face and I almost quit dancing.

"What boyfriend? I don't have a boyfriend." I say totally bewildered by that statement. I victorious smile crosses Kyoya's face, a glare from the lights above make it so I can't see his eyes as he pushes his glasses to the bridge of his nose.

"Those idiots... I knew they were wrong..." He mumbles. He looks at me with his pretty-boy smile and says, "It was all just a big misunderstanding."

As we continue to dance, I start to think that there were a lot of misunderstandings tonight...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Thank you to everyone reading this story! It really means the world to me!

I want you guys to come up with a little nickname for me to call my readers. (maybe start my own fandom. ;P hehe.)

I love you all,

J.