Chapter 49

Ethan's POV

I wake up the next day my arm slight sore and almost numb.

When I open my eyes I notice Rachael asleep next to me.

So it wasn't a dream at all.

I smile thinking back to last night.

No we didn't have s*x.

But we finally sorted everything out and I'm glad she didn't want us to take a break or break up for real because I didn't want to either.

I know I said it was her choice but I was secretly praying in my head that she chose for us to take it slow. Thankfully, my prayers were answered.

I couldn't stay away from Rachael all those weeks ago.

A month and a half till I finally found out where Rachael was, what actually happened and what was going to happen.

If only I was a few minutes early.

Maybe I would've been able to save her and capture Violet.

I wonder what day it is. I have no idea how long we've been here for or how long I was with my parents for.

I need to remember to inform everyone of my meeting with my parents and what they said.

I could feel something tingling in my arm.

I looked towards Rachael my arm still wrapped around her body- well her waist more specifically whereas she was hugging my arm instead of my chest which was the way we fell asleep.

Does that mean she's scared I'm gonna leave or something?

Maybe I'm just overthinking all of this.

I could feel my arms tingle beneath Rachael even more.

I think the pins and needles are beginning to take over my arm.

"Baby girl?" I asked seeing if she was awake.

"Mhm." She said sleepily.

"Are you awake?" She could be sleep talking for all I know.

"No."

"Alright. Can you get off my arm then please baby girl? I've got pins and needles." I said.

She rolled over in reply getting off my arm and hugging my chest.

"Thank you." I said kissing her head.

I could feel the pins and needles slowly leave my arm as I move it about stupidly.

Normally you would see my slapping my hand or arm on the bed till it woke up but Rachael was still half asleep so I couldn't do that.

I wonder what time it is or what day it is for that matter.

I turned my attention to the door of my hospital room as I heard people approach the door before knocking.

Looks like I'm also getting all of my Natural senses back since waking up.

"Come in." I whispered hoping that they heard me.

I would've called for them to come in but Rachael was still asleep and her Natural senses are probably back which means she will end up waking up.

The doctor from last night as well as a nurse and Rachael's parents entered.

Her parents looked at me, probably making sure I'm awake, before looking towards Rachael.