Chapter 48

Rachael's POV

I nodded my head in agreement.

This talk is long overdue and the both of us have waited a long time. So much has happened and it all needs to be sorted out now. Not as children or teenagers but as the future King and Queen of Naturals; as adults (or young adults in our case).

I get off Ethan's lap and sat beside him so that we were face to face and so he could keep his legs stretched outwards. I still have no idea how much of him has healed so he could still be badly injured.

Oh crap.

I totally forgot about his injured when I erm 'jumped' onto him.

What if I hurt him?

What if his injuries are worse? Then he can't leave the hospital for a longer period of time.

I'm so stupid.

"No you're not."

"Huh?" I said looking towards Ethan who had just spoken to me.

"You're not stupid and you did not hurt me when you jumped on me. It was kind of hot if you ask me." He said smirking at me.

"Wha- how- huh?"

"You left your mind connection open." He said chuckling at my confusion.

"Oh. Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yes baby girl I'm sure."

"Okay. So erm- where should we start with all the taking and everything?" I asked.

"How about you start by telling me what made you want to come to Hamburg." He said.

I nod my head in reply before preparing myself to tell Ethan a short version of what I saw a few months ago.

"I got a text from you during lunch the day you took me to your house to see Tucker and the day you were supposed to look through the school's security cameras. The text said that I was to meet you in Mrs Pine's room because you wanted to talk to me about something so I made my way to her room. On the way there, I could smell this foul stench, I heard weird noises and Mrs Pine's room was slightly darker than normal when I approached it. It seems silly now looking back. All the signs were there and I probably shouldn't have entered the classroom but I did." I explained.

I paused at this point letting Ethan process all that I've said so far. It was getting harder for me to talk as I got to the main bit but I didn't stop. It would be unfair for me and him if I was to stop there. Ethan deserves to know what I saw so we can get past this.

Ethan probably noticed my nervousness or something as he took my hand into his and gave it a light squeeze.

"I erm- saw you and this girl, both without your shirts on, making out with your hands on her face. Then when you turned to me you acted confused and really weird and asked my why there were two of me. It might've been because the other girl had brown hair or something but you were not acting yourself that's for sure. I know now that all the signs were there but I was totally oblivious to them then. After I saw what I saw, I ran out the classroom and called my mum. She helped me sort everything out giving me three choices to choose from. I chose Hamburg. She also taught me how to block the mind connection we have. I know she suspected things because I asked her to not tell you anything and yo stall you if you ever ask for me. I even gave her some lame excuse about me being stressed so she'd get me away from what happened; from you." I said.

Ethan listened carefully throughout his gaze remaining on me.
We both keep eye contact both of us not saying anything for a while.