Chapter 44

(Play the song from 00:32)

Recap:

I saw my dad stare into space for s few minutes before turning to look back at my mum and I.

My mum then wheeled me towards my dad so that I was next to him.

"We'll see you later Rachael." Said Connor before everyone else, apart from my parents, left.

"I'm so sorry baby girl." Said my dad.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked.

"I didn't protect you well enough."

"Yes you did dad. It was my choice to leave and although Charles was also there to protect me, anything could've happened." I replied.

"Yes I understand that Rachael but I should've tried harder to change your mind." He said.

I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't let my parents blame themselves for something that wasn't their fault.

I have to tell them the truth

End of recap.

I took a deep breath before looking at my parents.

"I have something to tell you guys." I said.

"What is it sweetheart? Do you feel okay? Should I go and get the doctor? Asked my mum.

"No I'm fine it's nothing to do with my injuries." I replied.

I can't believe it.

I'm finally going to tell my parents the truth.

I wonder how they'll react.

Will they hate me?

Maybe I shouldn't tell them.

Maybe it's too risky.

"Rachael? Are you okay?." Asked my dad; a worried look on his face.

"I'm fine dad." I replied.

'Yeah of course you are. You're just debating on whether to tell your parents.
They're your parents Rachael. They deserve to know.' Cried my subconscious.

I took a deep breath.

"Mum. Dad. Do you remember the 'reason' I gave you so that I would be able to come here?" I asked finally starting my explanation.

They both nodded their heads giving me their full attention.

"Well it's not true." I said.

"We know Rachael." Replied my Mum.

"Wait what?! How?"

"We're your parents Rachael. We could tell something was up when you suddenly asked for your mum to plan this trip we knew something was up. I personally didn't want to let you leave but your mother was adamant. She thought that by letting you go you'd understand things more and tell us when you're ready. Also we wouldn't be going against your wishes but we did have people watching you like Charles. However we did not know anything about the car crash until Ethan told us." Replied my dad.

"Well I guess you were right Mum. Now I'm ready to tell you everything." I replied ignoring the whole Ethan thing.

If I was to ask about that then I would be putting off what I was supposed to tell them.