Chapter 18

Sunlight seeped through the curtains in Rachael's room as she moved around in her bed sleep slowly leaving her body.
She reached out to the left of her body to find the bed empty. She opened her eyes and adjusted to the increase in light. She turned to look at the alarm clock on her bed side table to see it was 11:20am before turning again to lay on her back, spreading out her legs and arms like a starfish. Doing this she took over most of the bed as she snugged into it more. Wait it's 11:20?! She thought. I've missed half of school. Yay more catch up. She sighed and got out of bed rubbing the sleep out of her eyes on the way to the bathroom.

After a quick shower whilst she brushed her teeth she was almost ready for school. There were just 6 more days of school not counting today or the weekend. Then it's half term. Her school summerset high is also holding a Halloween party ball thing and she still needs a costume. Pushing that thought aside she picked out some light blue high waisted jeans that had buttons on the side and a crop top jumper that said 'just do it later' with white converses.

She put her damp hair in a messy bun and picked up her phone from we bedside table

She put her damp hair in a messy bun and picked up her phone from we bedside table. As she walked out of her bedroom she smelt food. She peaked out the window near the stairs which lead her downstairs to see her parents weren't home. Wait so someone's cooking food but it's not my parents? She thought. The smell got stronger as she slowly and quietly walked downstairs. What if it's a robber?! She thought stopping in her tracks. She looked around to find something to hurt the robber with. Well a robber that's making her food. At least he has manners before stealing. She saw a vase but it was filled with flowers. What you're going to attack him with your petals of fury? Her subconscious questions sarcastically. She ran back upstairs and grabbed the first thing she could before running back down the stairs. Looking into her hands she saw she grabbed a maths textbook. Well I can hurt him with algebra. She thought.

As she got closer to the kitchen she got more nervous. What if the food is poisoned? What if he has a gun?
"Rachael?" Said a voice.
"Ahhh!" She screamed closing her eyes and throwing they textbook at the voice. She heard an ow before someone touched her hand. She tried getting out of the person's grip.
"Get off me you robber!" She screamed whilst struggling.
"Rachael open you're eyes it's me Ethan." Said the voice. She slowly opened her eyes to come face to face with Ethan. She smiled sheepishly which can made him chuckle. "Hey don't laugh at me." She said hitting his arm. That made him laugh harder. She took this as a chance to eat up all the food he was making not the robber.

Beside the stove she saw a stack of about 6 pancakes. Grabbing a fork and some syrup she started devouring the pancakes. Mmhh. She thought. Ethan had cooked her chocolate chip pancakes which were her favourite. The mix of the chocolate and syrup with the fluffiness of the pancakes made her moan in delight. "I love you." She said to the pancakes.
"Hey!" Said Ethan as he walked in. "Those were supposed to be for both of us."
Rachael shook her head no before finishing her third pancake. Ethan tried grabbing the plate from her since he was just as hungry as her. Maybe more.
"No my precious." Said Rachael holding the plate of two pancakes close to her. Ethan pouted. He wanted to try them as well considering it was the first time he had actually made them. "Your face looks stupid stop pouting" Rachael said although she was actually thinking his pout looked cute.
"You should really leave your mind wall up. I know you though I looked cute although you said otherwise." Spoke Ethan. Now it was Rachael's turn to pout. Ethan laughed before asking "can I at least have the rest?"
"No you can have... One ." She replied.
"Two" argued Ethan.
"Fine two since you made them." Replied Rachael.