24- "More Than Okay."

Start from the beginning

I bit my lip whilst I 'thought', "I've introduced you to him on multiple occasions and haven't you been dancing with him for our dance lessons?"

Piper shook her head. "No-no. That guy's name was-was Bill."

I looked over at Justine. "Is there a guard called Bill?"

Justine smirked and shook her head. "There is one called Phill but that's the closest to a Bill I know."

"Ah!" Piper pointed at Justine, "His name was Phill. Yes, yes Phill. Sorry, got a bit confused there."

"Can you describe Phill for me, Piper?" I cocked my head to the side.

"Really smooth blonde hair and he has this cute little scar on his lip," She got all dreamy eyed. "Oh, his eyes, oh his eyes are electrifying."

Hazel sat down next to me. "Oh, I know that guy. His name is Jason."

Piper was snapped out of her dreamy state, sighed and lied down on the bed. "Fine. I've been hanging out with Jason. Nothing's happened, that would be treason," I froze. "And I still like Percy. He's just been a friend, an attractive friend, helping me around the palace."

I laughed trying to cover up my nerves. "Yes, well, Jason wouldn't pull anything anyways. He and Percy have a strict bro code." Yeah, and I thought that Percy and I had a strict best friend code, called the law, and I broke it.

Piper rolled her eyes. "Tell me about it. One time last week he took me to his favourite window and we were looking at the stars. I said it was beautiful and then he asked me, 'Do you know who else is beautiful?' And I blushed cause I thought he was going to say me. And guess what he said."

"Percy."

"Percy."

"He's a common factor isn't he?"

"Yeah, he is."

Around lunchtime, Piper decided that she should get back to her room so she could get ready for the ball.

I ate whilst the girls brushed my hair. They made a simple plait at the front which they pinned back, my curls falling down my back. Simple yet pretty.

They applied makeup next, adding eyeliner to the normal mix. Once they were done I looked in the mirror.

The small black line around my eyes made the grey pop, light pink lipstick was on my lips and the bags that were under my eyes from lack of sleep were gone.

"Wonderful!"

They then took me back into the bedroom and brought out a stunning dress.

It was light grey, with transparent sleeves that went to my elbow. My chest was covered with beads and those beads went further down the dress. We decided to go with grey high heels to match.

I spun around, the dress fanning out around me, in front of the mirror.

"Where do you even get these dresses?"

"We make them," Justine responded.

I stopped short of a full circle and turned around to face them, my jaw completely dropped.

"What? You make these?"

Hazel nodded. "Yeah. We worked on that one while you were in the city. It's quite fun."

I rushed over to them and scooped them all into a big hug. "You always outdo yourselves girls. I love you."

"Aw, we love you too." They chorused back.

I stepped back and looked at myself in the mirror. "It's just, everyone else will be wearing summer colours."

Hazel grinned at me wickedly. "That's what we thought. So we decided to go grey because that's your best colour."