42- "That's Cute."

"Wise Girl?"

I blinked and Percy's face came into focus. "Percy? What time is it?"

"Shh, just after 2," He laid down next to me in my bed, snuggling under the covers. He laced his fingers with mine. "I'm okay, just go back to sleep."

I shook my head and rubbed my face with my free hand. "No, what happened?"

He shrugged, closing his eyes. "Nightmare."

"Perce-" I placed a hand on his shoulder, where I could feel his tense muscles through the thin layer of a worn t-shirt. "-you have to tell me about it. We talk, remember?"

He sighed as I moved closer, wrapping an arm around his waist. I rubbed circles on the small of his back. "Kronos, he was killing my father. Dad was screaming so much. Screaming at me. I couldn't move, I just stood there in shock as Kronos stabbed him repeatedly," I wiped away a tear that fell down Percy's check, my heart breaking. "I tried to move, but I was frozen. I watched him die, Annabeth."

I rubbed my thumb across his cheek, sea-green filling my vision. "Percy, I can't say much about your father. It's true that he is dead, but he didn't die that way. Kronos didn't stab him, he didn't bleed to death. There was little pain in his death. And he loved you, he loved you with all of his heart. In his last moments, he would have been thinking about you, your brother and your mother. You three were his world."

Percy rested his head on the bottom of my neck, breathing in and out slowly trying to calm his rapid breathing.

"Did you come through the tunnels?"

He nodded and moved his hands up to his face, wiping away tears as I brushed my fingers through his hair.

What kind of grandfather would do this to their own grandson? He was in so much pain right now, and all I could do was lay down next to him.

"Can I do anything for you?" I whispered in his ear.

He shook his head. "You're doing a great job right now."

I kissed the top of his head, closing my eyes. "I'm in love with you."

He didn't say anything in return, but I knew that it just meant that he couldn't say it, or he would break down even more.

I yawned, stretching my arms out around me, slowly opening my eyes.

"Ow!"

"Huh?" I turned around to see Percy massaging his face. It seemed like I had accidentally slapped his face. "Oh, gods. Sorry Perce."

He grinned at me. "It's the best way to be woken up, actually. Getting hit in the face by your girlfriend."

I laughed, looking out my window. "You feeling better?"

"Of course. You always help."

I squinted my eyes at him. "I didn't do anything."

"But your morning breath did!" His face irrupted into a massive grin.

My mouth opened slightly, as a blush crept onto my cheeks. I pushed him hard in the chest. "Go, before my maids come."

"Aw," He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his chest. He smelled like the ocean. "How about I make it up to you for hurting your feelings by taking you on a date today?"

I didn't get a chance to answer, as Hazel jumped out of the wardrobe. "Yes! She will go on a date with you!"

I bolted up, alarmed at her presence. "Hazel?"

She waved shyly at me from the door of the wardrobe. Justine and Alicia coming out to stand behind her.

"What?" I asked.