Chapter 23: Food poisoning?

Samantha's POV
April and Jordan just kissed in front of me.. they liked each other. Even in the situation they were in, April's smile was bright. Her eyes had a spark in them. I remember the spark when we were friends. I missed our friendship, but she didn't miss me or need me. I was a burden on her. When they parted lips, they at each other for a while. Not until Jordan's eyes began closing, showing he had just died. April called his name, but he didn't move. He was gone. I felt jealous the way she gently placed her his head down. I had anger written on my face and my hands were in tight fists, but it slowly disappeared as she rosed up from the floor.
"Samantha.. I'm sorry for everything." She was crying. Tears were rapidly leaving her eyes and ran down her cheek. She looked terrible, but relieved? My hands loosened as I watched my old best friend fall apart because of me. I wanted her to feel my pain, but now I realized I just wanted her to feel sorry. And she did. She was now on the floor repeating the words "Im sorry" over and over again. She crying hysterically which made her start to hyperventilate. I watched her.
"April.. me too." And I raised my hands an concentrated.
I'm sorry too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I opened my eyes to the sound of beeping. I turned my head to the side, seeing I was in a hospital? I sat up, completely confused. My eyes began watering and in a amount of seconds I was crying. I was crying because I lost them. I couldn't save them and now I had to live with it. My dad suddenly walked into the door, when he saw I was crying he looked shocked at first but then wrapped in his arms around me. I cried into his shoulder, wetting his shirt in the process.
"What's wrong April?" He said while placing my hands in his.
"My friends.. they're gone.." I began crying again. My dad on the other hand looked utterly confused.
"Uh.. April do you even know why you're in the hospital?" I looked at him, of course I knew why I was here. I moved my hand out of his and sat there quietly. What's going on? He sighed then left the room, a few minutes later I hear people laughing. I turn my head towards the door and see them. Matthew, Jessica, Madison still on crutches, Isaac, and Jordan walking in. My eyes are widen and my mouth is hanging. Now seriously what the fuck is going on, I thought.
"You're friends were in the next room. We all are in here because after your team won the game, you all went out to eat at my sushi place. You got food poisoning." I replayed his words over and over again. Jordan walked up to me and closed my mouth with one of his fingers.
"You'll catch flies like that April." They all laughed.
"Your dad said, you thought we were gone. Oh don't tell me, you're trying to get rid of us?" Isaac said while pushing his back. They all laugh again. My dad says he'll be right back and heads out the door. They sit around me and I stare at them.
"April, are you okay? You look like you a  seen ghost." Madison says while sitting on the bed with me. I was seeing ghost, all five ghosts right in front of me. I needed to figure this out.
"Madison.. what happened to your leg?" She looked at me weirdly.
"I was riding my bike and some guy was coming out of a parking spot, but I swerved out of the way but needed up falling." I nodded and thought.
"How did we all become friends?" Everyone stared at me.
"We all have fourth period together and we're kind of popular. Popular kids hang out with each other you know." Jessica chimed, flipping her blonde hair and rolling her blue eyes. I nodded again. Okay a few more questions.
"Who's Samantha Greene?" They kind of tensed up, bingo.
"She was a girl that committed suicide in the second week of school. Weren't the two of you friends?" Isaac answers me and adds his own questions. I nodded, so she is dead.
"Did any of you bully her?" I look around the room.
"Alright.. April yeah we did. We feel shitty about it okay? Every time I think about how I played that prank on her, my neck starts burning." Matthew said while rubbing his neck. Hmm interesting.
"Yeah me too." Jessica says, which totally surprised me. "Whenever I think about what I did to her, I feel like I'm getting beat up."
"Yeah, I know the feeling. I feel like I'm being eaten away." Isaac says while shivering a little. Things are making sense, I would get my answer soon.
"Hmm.. so today is the day after the game?" They all nodded.
"So after the game, we all went to get food and got food poisoning?" They nod again. "Is there school today?"
"Nope, there being constructing being done on the school. Something about a broken windows... I'm not sure really." Madison says, not even giving it much thought.
"Any more questions?" Jordan says jokingly. I small lightly and nod.
So apparently I only remembered what happened, she gave us a second chance. A nurse comes in, telling us that everyone have to return to their rooms. I grabbed Jordan's hands before he could get up from the seat.
"Uh.. April, what's up?" I swing my feet over and now we're standing facing each other. I wanted him to remember our kiss, my feelings.
"Jordan I have one more question." I looked up at him, biting my lip a little.
"Jordan.. do you like me?" I said it quietly but I know he heard me. He chuckled a little which made my head shoot up.
"April.. I remember too." His words caught me off guard.
"You do?" he placed his finger on my lips.
"I don't know why the others don't, but I'm glad I remember. Because I will always remember this." And he cupped my face and kissed me, I wrapped my arms around his neck, which deepened the kiss even more. I was standing on my tippy toes, when did he get so tall? We pulled away and I smiled. I was happy he remembered my feelings.
"And yes I do like you, more than you could imagine." I blushed slightly and we hugged, my head resting on his chest. I could hear his heart beat. And his head resting on top of mine. And before I could even realize it... I was crying.
"Are you okay?" Jordan said while holding me by the shoulders, I wiped my tears.
"I'm just happy. I have to get this crying thing under control." We both laughed.
"You're back, April." That's the last thing Jordan said before having to go to his room. I laid back in bed, getting caught in my deep thoughts. If only Jordan and I have to remember what happened, that's okay. She gave us a second chance.. maybe she couldn't hurt her old best friend. I shook my head, not wanting to sound cocky. Maybe that was her way of killing me, by taking them away from me. I got under the covers and got comfortable. I looked at the clock on the wall. It was only 3:23 in the afternoon. I needed a nap, I quietly drifted off.