Chapter 22: Do it

Her POV
When I got back into my feet I groaned annoyingly. He just freaking chocked me and threw me like garbage. Fine, you wanna play like that? I slowly walked out the locker room. I could hear his footsteps, he was running. Probably going to find April.. I had to get to her first. She hadn't felt the pain yet, so who am I to not let her have it? I'm coming April.

I was on the second floor now, I didn't hear Jordan, which meant he probably bleed to death or he can't move that fast since the knife as pretty deep in his side. Just thinking about it sent a smile on my face. His blood was spilling right out of him. It reminded me of the night... the night I took my own life.

Flashback:
September 20. Wednesday. (Junior year)
It was the second week of school and things weren't too bad. Not like in my sophomore year, where everyone bothered me. I was lied to, embarrassed, beaten up, left and was told to get over it. I had enough of this school and the people. They seem perfect, but I knew what they really were. Bullies that needed to be dealt with. I walking down the stairs to get to my next class when I tripped. I landed on my stomach. Ow. I was always kinda clumsy. When I was getting up, a girl let out a "oh my gosh" as she ran in my direction. I thought she was coming towards me, so I let a smile appear on my face, but it quickly faded as she ran right pass me. My eyes followed her and she ran to April. April was the newest popular girl behind Jessica, being the first popular girl. She became was popular since she started playing basketball in our sophomore year. I even went to her first game. After the game, I was going to walk up to her and say "good game" but a tall boy pulled her into hug and carried her away. That's when I realized, she replaced me and didn't even notice me.
I shook my head and helped myself up and went along to class. The rest of the day was okay. I got a few corny jokes thrown at me, but I ignored them. It was lunch, I usually would go to the library and read, but today I didn't pack lunch with me, so I had to get something to eat from the cafeteria. As I looked into the cafeteria, I got a few stares, but for the must part people ignored me. I wasn't seen by anyone. As I walking to the line, my once sparkly eyes that were now dark and uninterested, glanced around the cafeteria. I saw Jessica first, sitting on Matthew's lap as she flipped her hair and laughed. Matthew was laughing with some of his friends as well. I suddenly seen Madison walking into the cafeteria with principal James. It looked like he was scolding her about not even wearing her uniform, she obviously didn't care what he was saying and rolled her eyes.. I remember she told me once that she hated it. I seen Isaac talking to some girls, pushing his hair back with his hand. My chest tighten a little.. why? I shook my head and continued looking. My eyes then landed on Jordan, talking to April. He looked like he was asking her something, his hands were in a pleading form, which resulted in her pushing him away and her walking to the door that lead outside with her lunch in her hand. She ate outside ? I picked up my tray of food and headed to the library. Later when I got home, I was completely drained and exhausted. I was pissed as well. All of them continued their lives, like they never knew me. My parents weren't home yet and I began feeling lonely. I went to the kitchen, at first I went to get a snack. But when I pulled open a draw, my hand grasped a knife. I turned it in my hands a couple of times, but running it against my wrists. And without a second thought, the knife was ripped against my wrist. The blood slowly leaving my body. I switched the knife into my next hand and did the same thing. I stood there for a moment, before feeling light headed and collapsing on the floor. I could feel the blood leaving my body and I invited cold and aloneness I was feeling. I closed my eyes.
I didn't open them until I heard someone crying my name. When I opened them I was standing next to a casket  and I saw my mother and father crying. I tried to tapped them, but it's like they didn't see me or hear me. I turned my head and saw... myself. I was in the casket dead. I looked to see who else had came to my funeral. It was a couple of my father's and mother's friend, and a next door neighbor, Mr. Walker. He was a old man who lived alone, so sometimes we would invite him over for dinner. He was a sweet old man. I kept looking to see her.. but she never came.
End of flashback
But when I looked up from my thoughts I saw her on the floor, deep into her thoughts. April. I walked over to her and when I was close enough, I guess she sensed me and she stood up. She was staring at my hand, noticing I had a knife. She turned and stared running.
"I don't think you should do that.. don't you wanna see your friends?" I say this knowing she'll kept running, but it surprised me when she stopped and turned back. Stupid. Her friends are dead, why see them?
"Do it." That's all she said. Her words struck me with nothing but emptiness. I'll give her what she wants. I raised my hand and notice her shitting her eyes. I roll my eyes and concentrate, when I'm done there are six bodies, circling her. The six bodies are her friends. They're in the condition of how they perished. Matthew with a cut throat, Madison with a broken body, Jessica with a hole in her, Principal James looking very broken and had holes of where the poles stabbed him at, Isaac pieces of his flesh, his whole stomach was ripped open, and Jordan with a deep knife wound in him. Her face was.. blank. What? She sighed and walked over to Matthew, closing his eyes that was opened. Her attention was taken off Matthew when Jordan suddenly coughed a little blood off. I was about to finish him, when she rushed over to him. Cupping his face in her hands, with emotion all over face. She began talking to him. I heard every word.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I opened my eyes, I was surrounded by all of my friends that died tonight. I stared at all of them with a blank expression. They were gone and I would be next. I noticed Matthew's eyes were open, he had a terrifying look on his face. I slowly closed his eyes, with my now dried bloody hands. I was about to accept the fact I was done for when I heard Jordan cough. My heart was began hurting and I quickly went over to him. He opened his eyes, that are filled of tears.. why wasn't I still not crying?
"April, you need.. to run.." he said it slowly, I shook my head.
"I'm not leaving you.. any of you. I said you're stuck with me forever didn't I?" I placed his head on my lap while holding his hand.
"If.. you're not.. gonna leave.. I need to tell you something." He says it he was using all of his strength. I nodded.
"I.. like you.. I've always have.." The words leave his lips and my eyes widen. He stares me at breathing heavy. My heart felt like I'm was about to explode... from happiness? I cupped his face into my hands and without a second thought I kissed him.. right on the lips. He didn't kiss back right away which scared me, but after a few seconds he did. I felt like fireworks were being light around us and we were in the sky floating. When I opened my eyes we were back in the hallways. My lips left his and he looked utterly shocked. I chuckled a little.
"I like you too." We both smile at each other. He pulled on my scrunchie, which made my hair fall down. He smiles and tucks one side behind my ear, but his eyes slowly begin to close.
"Jordan? Jordan.. no.. hey Jordan.." I shake him lightly, then his eyes close completely. No.. Jordan..
I place his head back on the floor and stand up. My heart was feeling heavy and my mind was full of thoughts. For once in a long time, they both left the same thing. I was staring at the ground, at Jordan's body, at all my friends bodies. We were all in this because we didn't know how to be friends or be nice and now this is our fate. I slowly look up at Samantha and our eyes meet.
"Samantha.. I'm sorry for everything." And as I said those words my face, began to feel wet. My cheeks were burning, with small sobs escaping my lips. That's when it hit me.. I was crying. I felt the tears running down my face and it felt.. great. I let out all the emotions that I been holding in. Whatever snapped a year ago was now fixed and working properly. I fell on to my knees and repeated the words "I'm Sorry" over and over again. I shut my eyes.. hearing myself start to hyperventilate.
"Just do it." I whispered.