Chapter 17: The real game has begun

It was fourth quarter and the score was 44-36 now. My team was playing hard and I was playing harder because I was dealing with her. And she was making sure I noticed her. She even made the ball look like her head which totally freaked me out I just passed the ball at my teammate but way above her head, it went out of bounds. Calm down April, please. I kept telling myself this. My coach called a time out, she looked at me confused.
"April if you're getting tired, tell me. I have people who will give you a seat. If you need a sub say so." She seemed a little irritated.
"Sorry team, I'll be some accurate on my passes." My teammates nodded and started talking about a play we could use. The buzzer went off and we walked back into the court. The girl from the opposite was dribbling down the court, when she reached me we were eye to eye. She was trying to decide what to do. That's when she started talking and I didn't like what she was saying. Especially since I know it was really her.
"Aw look at you trying to be brave, I know you're scared. I can smell it." I ignored the words and focused on he ball she was still dribbling. "Still ignoring me? You won't be able to after the game." And with that she ran into me knocking me down and continued to the basket and made a layup. I was on my back again. I heard a loud "ooooouuuuu" it was from the crowd. My face hurt like crazy, she elbowed me. My lip was bleeding and a little swollen. 44-38. I got up and looked over at my coach, she called out sub and I walked over to the bench.
"Good fight April, but I can tell you're tired. And now you're bleeding go to the bathroom and then get some ice for that." She rubbed my back. I quickly left the gym and headed to the nurse. When I got there, she wasn't there. Her office door was open anyway. I walked in and went to the fridge and took out an ice pack. I wrapped it in a paper then rest it on my lip. She ruined my first game. I mean my team was in the lead, we were gonna win even. There was a two minutes on the clock. But this was suppose to be a great game for me. I walked out of the nurse's office and headed back to the gym. When I walked into the gym the buzzer went off, indicating the game was over. I was happy we won, but kinda sad I didn't help my team that much. My team was in the middle of the court jumping up and down. The twins then me ran over to me, pulling me towards the crowd. My team looked at me and smiled. Huh?
"April thanks for being selfless today." Abigail said hugging me. I looked confused.
"Oh don't act all modest. You passed the ball a whole bunch of times, so your teammates that don't score a lot had a chance to score more than usual." My team smiled at me. It wasn't the real reason, but I wasn't gonna explain. I smiled and nodded. The crowd was cheering, eventually Jordan, Isaac, Matthew, Jessica were walking over to me. I reached them at the bleachers.
"Good game Ape." Isaac said rubbing my back.
"Oh don't lie to the girl." Our head snapped up to see.. Madison? She was leaning against her crutches. When did she get here? We all looked shocked.
"I'm just kidding. You played great April." She came closer and hugged me. Which resulted in all of us trapping her in a group hug.
"Hey I can't breathe now." She said while laughing and we released. The attention was back on me now.
"What happened out there?" Matthew said looking at me. That's when I remembered what she said.. whatever she was planning was gonna start when the game was over. I looked up to them.
"She was waiting until after the game, until we were all here." They exchanged looks and slowly caught on.
"We need to get you out of here." Jordan said pulling my arm, we were about to leave the gym when suddenly the gym windows that were really high on the walls were broken. Glass went flying. The winter air was filling the gym now. It sure was cold. People that were still in the gym started yelling and covering their heads. Students teachers and the other team began running to the door. But the six of us couldn't move. There was a loud that made us cringe, we were all on the floor screaming for the noise to stop. Please stop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a few seconds the noise stopped. We sat up and stared at each other, then we looked around. The gym was now quiet and cold. Some of the lights looked broken was it was kinda dark but we were still able to see each other.
"Guys..." we turned out heads to Madison, her eyes were fixed on the court. We turned our heads and I felt sick to my stomach. There were people laying there bleeding out. Piece of glass were in their heads and in other places of their body. We continued around, there were people lifeless by the exit. It looked like they were trampled on by people that were running out of the gym. I looked up at the broken windows, it was dark outside.
"We need to get out of here." Jessica said while getting up. She was completely freaked out. She was breathing heavy and fidgeting like crazy.
"Look calm down. We're gonna be alright." Matthew stood up and tried to hold Jessica but she pushed him away.
"NO WE'RE NOT!" She yelled. "You say that but look at you.. you're bleeding." Matthew raised his hand to his head. He was bleeding, now that I noticed it, the blood was drying up on the left side of his face. And out of nowhere Jessica ran out of the gym into the dark hallways of our schools. Idiot. And Matthew ran right after her. Isaac was about to run off to but Jordan grabbed him.
"I don't think that's a good idea." Jordan said seriously and Isaac lowered himself back down. We all stood up and Isaac helped Madison up.
"Now what?" Madison asked obviously scared. She looked at me.
"We should.. find those two then leave the school. Get help." I didn't really know, what I was saying. I guess I said it, hoping there would be another idea. When no one says anything, I felt that this wasn't gonna end well.
"Is this even real?" Isaac asked. He had a good point this could be just one of those visions she shows us. Madison pinched Isaac and he let out a small yelp.
"Guess it is." He said while rubbing his arm. This was real. And I was scared.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jessica's POV
I needed to get out of here. I was so over this bullshit. I ran as fast as I could through the hallways. The lights in the hallways were flickering non stop. My eyes had a problem adjusting to it. I was trying to the exit which was going to take some time because the gym was on the other side of the school. I turned a few corners. Just a few more steps and I would be able to see the front doors of the school. When I turned the last corner I tripped on something and landed on my stomach. I crawl on to my knees, I suddenly felt something wet and warm. When I looked down at myself my cheerleading uniform it was covered in a red liquid, I looked back at what I tripped on and saw Jennifer. She was a girl on the cheer team with me. She was dead. Blood was seeping out of her. I slid away from her, I was covered in her blood. I started feeling sick, I got up as fast as I could, I lost my footing but regained it quickly and continued to the door. When I reached I pulled on the doors but they wouldn't open. Open! Please open. I kept pushing on them, then I started kicking. They wouldn't barge.
"You don't think I'll make it that easy now did you?" I felt her voice right on my neck. I had enough of this bitch. I turned around face her. She looked terrible. Her hair was all messy, her uniform was dirty and sloppy. Her stockings were ripped up, and she didn't have a shoes on. Her eyes were dark, filled with hate. She was bleeding from her head. If I wasn't so pissed off I would've been afraid. But I was done being afraid. I swung to punch her as hard as I could, but she grabbed my hand. Oh shit. She looked at it for a second then without a glimpse of hesitation she pulled it back and I heard a snap. She broke me hand. I let out a loud scream. She released me and I fell to the floor holding my right hand in my left hand, I was holding it to my chest. I began crying and screaming.
"You should learn how to keep your hands to yourself." She wrapped her hand around my throat, making me struggle to breathe. She pulled me up and smashed me against the doors that were still locked. My visions was get blurry and I was gasping for air, but she wouldn't let go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matthew's POV
I was running after Jessica. I lost her a few seconds. Damn I didn't know she could run so fast. Maybe she went to one of the exits or to hide? My thoughts were broken off when I heard Jessica scream. I ran in the direction, I heard another scream. Jess please be okay. When I runes the corner I stepped on something, when I looked down it was a girl.. she's dead. I quickly back up from her. When I looked back up I see Jessica being held up in the air grasping for air. She staring at Jessica while she chokes the life out of here. I thought what I could do, that's when I saw a fire extinguisher on the ground. I inched over to it and picked it up slowly. When I got a good grip on it, I made my way towards them. If she turned around and sees me I'm as good as dead. So I was trying my best to stay quiet. I was probably two feet away from her. She was about to drop Jessica, no.. she can't be dead. I got angry and charged right at her. She turned around but it was to late I knocked her on her head. She dropped to the floor. I dropped the fire extinguisher and went to Jessica. I picked her up and started running, I don't know where but I needed a place to see if she was okay.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were now coming out of the gym. We were hesitate at first. The hallways were covered in blood and had a couple of bodies just laying there. I was kinda scared of those bodies moving, but we kept walking. We couldn't move as fast because of Madison. Jordan was in front I was behind him, Madison was behind me then Isaac was in the back. We were quiet, we didn't wanna get any unwanted attention. All of sudden we heard a loud scream. We knew it was Jessica. We stopped and listened.
"What should we do?" Madison said moving closer to me.
"I.. don't know." I said it sadly. I wanted to help Jessica but I was scared too. She said I was tough, but not this tough. I was terrified of what she could've been going through.
"Lest keep walking." Jordan said, I heard the hurt in his voice. He wanted to help, but he knew couldn't.
"Where are we even going?" Isaac said, that made us all stare at Jordan. Jordan stared at us for a few then snapped his fingers.
"Main office. There's phones there. We can call for help." That answer relaxed us a bit. But the main office was up stairs. I never realized but this school is too big for it own good. We started walking towards the stairs. Who even what was up there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matthew's POV
I was carrying Jessica bridal style until I saw the nurse's office. I quickly went and closed the door behind. I rested Jessica down on the couch.
"Hey Jess. Please open your eyes." I kissed her forehead gently. She was breathing, I guess she passed out. This wasn't the time though. What if she came looking for us. I shouldn't have left the group, but I couldn't let Jessica go running around. I quickly reached in my pocket, I could call the guys and tell them we were okay. When I reached in my pocket my phone wasn't there. What? It was there during the game.
"Matthew is that you?" Jessica slowly opened her eyes. I never been so happy to see her blue eyes.
"Yeah, it's me. You okay?" She sat up slowly.
"I'm fine, but I was so scared Matthew." I hugged her and she cried a little. I heard humming and footsteps. Jessica heard them too. We quickly got up from the couch, we looked around. The only place we could hide was a closet. So cliché. But that was our only choice. When I we ran into the closet, closing it behind us .I looked into Jessica's eyes. She was scared. She wrapped her arms around me and we didn't move an inch. We heard the office door open, the humming continuing and the footsteps got louder and louder. She was right outside the door.
"So how long you two plan on staying in there?" She knew we were here. Jessica looked at me and I rubbed her head.
"Oh? Was I wrong? No ones in there?" She let out a loud terrible laugh. She's crazy. She didn't stop laughing for awhile.
"No.. come on now, let's stop playing. Get out here. I'm getting bored." But me and Jessica weren't moving. Not until a loud sound was in our ears. It was the noise from before. We held in our screams has long as we could, but we couldn't. We screamed so loud and ending up falling out of the closet. We looked up and saw her with a devilish smile in her face. No..