Chapter 2: Realization

April. April. Sweetie? April please.
That's all I heard for a while then I heard sobs. I slowly opened my eyes, there were bright lights shining in my face, which were really bothering me. I raised my left hand to block the light out but when I did I saw my hand was attached to a few wires and stuff. I slowly sat up. Hospital. I was in the hospital. My head was spinning, what happened. Sudden my face was grabbed by a huge pair of hands. I knew those hands from any where. My dad.
"Oh my April.. you feeling okay?" He looked at me worried, his eyes were looked tired.
"Dad.. mom.. she's gone.." my voice cracked. I felt my chest get tight, it's like I couldn't breathe. My dad looked at me with confusion.
"April.. your mother, she's been gone for a year now. I thought we said we were gonna move on, for her sake" I stared at him.. no she died yesterday. I was coming from Sam's house the I walked into the house and saw.. my thought was cut off by a tall boy walking in, he looked at me and a smile came across my face.
"April! Oh my gosh, you're okay" his eyes were watering. He grabbed one of my hands. He gave me a smile I knew, I felt warmth any time I seen it. Jordan. It was Jordan. I felt him squeeze my hand I guess I was staring, I lightly squeezed back. I known Jordan since we were little, our dads went to high school together too, ironic huh?
"We were so worried, you scared the whole school you know? When I found out you were the girl in the bathroom I.. I felt pretty scared." He chuckled a little with a sad smirk on his face- wait, what did he say? Girl in the bathroom? What is he talking- that's when it hit me. I looked at my right hand and saw bandages wrapped on my wrist, I remembered what happened, what really happened..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
November 3. Tuesday. Lunch time.
I was walking through the halls of Star Academy: Performing Arts and Sports Program (N/A yeah I know, it's a whack name) I was getting hi's from people I barely knew. Well that's how it was, being the captain of the girl's basketball team and volleyball team gets you some attention. But I wasn't a real fan of the attention, but I still smiled and waved hi when I was addressed. I was making my to lunch as I walked in the cafeteria, everyone began to roar with excitement.
"APE! APE! APE!" I rolled my eyes when I realized who was encouraging everyone to call my new found nickname. Isaac. He was standing on top of a table and yelling. Dumbass. I thought. He was always doing something. I rolled eyes and kept walking through the cafeteria. After a few seconds the crowd had quiet down. Suddenly a muscular arm was placed around my shoulders, when I looked up it was Isaac, the dumbass himself.
"Pretty nice right? Losers listen to anything I say, did you like it beautiful?" He said this while doing the one thing I think that annoyed me about him the most. He took his right hand and pulled his hair back.. wait for.. then flashed me with his white teeth into a flirty smile. Oh brother.
"No I didn't. And get off me." I say while squeezing out of his grasp. He placed his hand on his heart and faked like his heart was just broken. I rolled my eyes and continued walking to the exit doors. Yeah that's right, I didn't eat lunch inside and Isaac was just one reason. People occasionally thought they could sit me or even sometimes people from my team would drag me to their table and force me to talk about gossip or just plain boring stuff. I enjoyed my time to myself. But trust me I wasn't always like this. When my mom died something snapped I guess, my emotions kinda snapped too. I don't feel the need to have a bunch of friends or gossip or be in any drama. I went to school, did what I had to do, go to practice if I had it, then went home. Easy peasy life, if you asked me. When I got outside, I quickly regretted it. It was November, which meant it was pretty chilly out here and these uniforms didn't really help the situation. Yup Star Academy had uniforms. The girls had to wear a navy blue skirt with a white short sleeved or long sleeved bottom up, matched with a navy blue tie and black flats or shoes. Boys were pretty much the same thing minus the skirt of course. They had to wear navy blue pants. I turned around and headed back inside. Guess I'll just find an empty table, I scanned the cafeteria until I saw a table in the back. I walked over there quickly before getting called over by anyone. I sat there and pulled out my iPhone and played one of my favorite songs. Summerella- hide 'n seek. As it was playing I pulled out my lunch, it was a sandwich I made that morning and a Gatorade. As I was opening the Gatorade a pair of hands landed on my shoulders knocking the Gatorade onto my lap, which went through my skirt and began making my legs sticky.
"Oh I'm so sorry April" I looked over my shoulder seeing it was a scared Jordan. He had a 'please don't hit me' smile in his face. I immediately stood up trying to clean up the mess that just happened.
"I got it April, you should get to the bathroom and get yourself cleaned up before the bell rings." Jordan said while pulling napkins out of my plastic bag that contained my lunch. I nodded and grabbed my book bag along with my phone and headed to the bathroom.
I walked pretty quickly to the bathroom before my legs started to stick to each other. Ew. I thought. As I walked in I saw her. I haven't seen her for a while. And I haven't to talked to her since my mother died I think, which was last summer. When we were going to be sophomores. We were now juniors, but I knew it was her. It was Samantha. She was looking at the mirror above one of the sinks. I must've startled her.
"April? It's you" she said really softly. I was shocked she wasn't loud as usually. Her eyes were red like she was crying, her hair was sticking to her face. Her uniform was kinda dirty. In fact, it look like she was dragged in dirt. Her dark stockings she was wearing had a tear in them. She looked pretty bad. I stood there, processing what she looked like. The spark she had in her eyes wasn't there. Her eyes were dark and cold.
"Oh I guess you're still not talking to me eh?" She turned back to the mirror, staring at herself.
"April, I know we're not best friends anymore, but can I ask you something?" Her voice cracked as she said that. I didn't answer, didn't know how to answer. I just looked at her but she continued anyway.
"What did I do to you? Why didn't you help me?" She shaking now. Her hands were placed on the sink and shaking, violently. Tears were coming down her face, one after another. I knew what she was talking about. After my mom died, I stopped hanging out with her. I stopped going to her house. Not because I wanted to, because I had to. I wasn't myself anymore. I changed. But when my basketball season started I improved a little. I smiled more and people were proud of me. I was proud of me. I forgot her. My bestfriend. I thought she was better without me, so I became a new person. It went from seeing her to not even realizing that she.. she was being bullied. It was once I seen Jessica and a couple of her friends throwing Sam's own belongings at her after school. I looked towards them and said one thing to myself. Dumbasses. And continued on my way home. There's been a few other times where I did nothing. It was once Jessica's boyfriend, Matthew. It last school year. I was in math class working on some equations the substitute teacher handed out, when Matthew and his goons were talking about playing a trick on one of the many girls who liked him. I wasn't interested in the conversation until I heard Samantha. I don't know why her name made my ears beg to know more about their plan, but it did. I positioned myself to hear a little better. They were gonna slip a letter into Sam's locker telling her to meet in the back of the schoolyard three o'clock and have some fun. I shook my head in disbelief. Sam was gullible, so she was gonna walk right into their trap. When three o'clock came, I went into an old classroom that faced the back of the school. I saw a large group of jocks and cheerleaders. Sam came, as expected. She looked confused at first but when she seen Matthew she quickly tried to turn away.
"Hey you, where you running off to?" Matthew said while grabbing Sam's arm.
"Please let go" Sam pleaded trying to get out of his grip.
"Okay sorry, I just wanted to tell you something, is that alright?" He let her go and she looked around at the group that was around. She nodded and told him to continue. Idiot.
"I heard you had a crush on me, is that true?" Matthew said smoothly, winking at the end. Sam did like him, she liked him since 9th grade. She hesitated at first but then nodded yes. Everyone gathered there oooooouuuu'd in unison.
"Then if that's the case I guess I have to do what's only right." Matthew chuckled and walked up to Sam and grabbed her hands. Her face began to grow red, she was blushing. He slowly leaned down to her ear and whispered "kiss me, to prove it". Suddenly all of the people that were gathered around them started chanting "Kiss him, kiss him". Matthew leaned to kiss her, when suddenly Jessica came from around the corner and pulled Sam unto the ground by her hair and punched her once in the head.
"What the fuck, is going on?" Jessica yelled removing her attention from Sam to Matthew.
"Awww babe, you just messed up the whole joke." Matthew said while throwing his arms into the air. Sam was slowly getting up, holding her head where Jessica punched her.
"Joke? What do you mean? You were gonna kiss me.. you said.." Sam began crying. She figured out what this was. A prank.
"Oh shut up, it was a joke Sammy. Don't even think about it.. my boyfriend, would never even look at you that way." Jessica spat out. She turned to Matthew and started to drag him off. When I thought it was over Sam did something she shouldn't have. She got up and pulled Jessica down onto the ground and started pulling her blonde hair. Of course this didn't last long. Since Jessica was the captain of the cheerleading team and a few cheerleaders were there, they began dragging Sam off of Jessica and started punching and kicking Sam. After a few seconds the cheerleaders stop and Jessica kneels down to met Sam on her back breathing heavily, bleeding from her lip.
"Don't fuck with me, now be a good dog and stay." Jessica says sharply and gets up and leaves. Everyone leaves. Sam stays there for a while, laying there. I shake my head and exit the room. As I do the one thing I think to myself is. Idiot. And I go on my way home, never going to see if Sam gets up.
I get out of my thoughts and realize Sam is much closer now. Real close actually. I say nothing, I was stare at her. I see the pain in her eyes.
"Well look at that.. the magnificent April, is speechless." She laughs a little which makes me cringe. Her laugh wasn't the same. Her voice wasn't either. It was like she was dying right in front of me.
"I was alone for a long time April, you know that right? I don't wanna be alone anymore." She suddenly she removes her hands from behind and reveals a pair of scissors. Before I can even process what's happening. She grabs my right hand and passes the scissor across my wrist. I try to pull her off but she's strong. I don't remember her being this strong, but she is. She pushing it deeper and deeper until I can't feel anything. I black out.

High schoolजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें