Chapter 13: Thank you

After we all quieted down. We stared at Jordan. I was anxious. I needed to know why he was in this mess.
"So, you gonna talk or not?" Jessica said rolling her eyes. He took a deep breathe.
"Well when all this started, I didn't know why I was able to see her. But after hearing your stories I think I know. We all did something her. Madison left her. Isaac embarrassed her. Matthew played with her feelings, and well Jessica.. you used her as a punching bag." He stared at everyone when he mentioned their names. They all tensed up. "So, I guess I took something from her." He shrugged his shoulders. What? What the hell is he talking about? He stole from her? What would he steal from her?
"Dude, what are you talking about?" Isaac said obviously confused. I was too, but I stayed quiet, trying to figure it out.
"Are you that dumb?" Madison said laughing slightly.
"It's pretty obvious." Matthew said leaning back on his chair. What? What's pretty obvious?
"Oh, you gotta be kidding me." Jessica said flipping her hair back. I began thinking what he could've took from her.
"Dude, just tell him what you took from her." Isaac pleaded. I got out of my thoughts when I didn't hear Jordan answer, but instead I heard him laugh. When I looked up, he was pointing at me. Huh? My mouth was opened a little, but words weren't coming out. What's going on?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jordan's POV
"Dude, just tell him what you took from her." I heard the need in Isaac's voice, I chuckled a little. That's when i turned to her. She was staring down at her hands, I knew she was thinking. Her eyebrows were bending. Ahh April, why don't you listen first before going into your deep thoughts? I pointed right at her. I guess she noticed and looked up. Her lips parted a little, but she didn't say anything. We were staring right at each other.
"I took you, April." I said, but all she did was stare. I chuckled a little, it was funny when she got speechless. That's when she blinked a few times.
"What do you- you took me?" She looked completely confused. Guess I'm telling a story after all.
"Fine, let me tell." I looked at her and started talking.. here we go.

Flashback:
April and I known each other since diapers days. We grew up together since our parents knew each other as well. But when we started high school, we didn't hang out as much. We got new friends, but occasionally we said hi to each other once in a while. I kind of missed her. Anytime I seen her in school, she was with a girl. They looked happy, so I didn't wanna intrude. It wasn't until the summer of when we were going to be sophomores in September, when one day we got a phone call from April's dad saying Maya.. his wife had passed. I was shocked because Ms. Jones was always sweet and kind, I didn't wanna believe she was gone. A week later, was the funeral. I seen so many of April's family. They looked hurt and broken down, but none of them looked as bad as April. She had a beautiful black dress on, with black flats. Her hair down, tucked behind her ear, I remember she used to wear her down all the time. But her eyes were filled of tears, her hands were shaking and her breathing wasn't calm. When they began lowering her mother into the ground April began bawling. I don't know what came over me but I ran to her and grabbed her. She was shocked to see me, but she continued crying. She started whispering "Please, don't leave me.. please" I don't know if she was talking about me or her mother. But since that day, I made it my job to never leave her. For the remaining few weeks of summer we had, I went over to her house and stayed with her. She didn't talk much but that didn't stop me from hanging out with her. I used to take her out, I didn't want her to stay clammed up on the house. When school started, she didn't get much better. She wasn't herself anymore. She was a machine, there was barley any sign of emotion to her. It wasn't until December, when basketball season started and she acted a little bit like herself. But she was never the same. I notice that girl she used it hang out staring at us once after one of April's games. She looked hurt and mad, but yet confused as well. I never asked April about it. I just decided to stay by her side for the rest of sophomore year and junior year too... no I decided to always be there, no matter what.
End of flashback
I looked up and saw everyone staring at me.. wait no, they were staring at April. She had such a scared look in her face. Oh no..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~He was in this because of me. She was going to ruin his life because of me. All I did was stare, I remember the day of my mother's funeral. And I remembered how he came to my house everyday to hang out with me. Sometimes I wouldn't speak or be amused by him, but he came back every day. I'm thankful for him.
Thank you Jordan.