Chapter 15: Game Day

December 11. 7th Period
I was walking towards the gym after I came out of the bathroom. I had to change into my gym clothes.. I mean because trying to participate in gym with the uniform I had on, could lead to bad and embarrassing things happening. The gym clothes the school had weren't that bad. It was a black or white T-shirt that had the word 'Lions' on it. That was the school team names. The boys were called lions, while the girls team was called 'Lady Lions' (A/N: those are my school's team names.. I couldn't think of anything XD) then we had shorts we had to wear too. And they were hella short okay? They were way above the knees. But for the boys, they had normal basketball shorts. Lucky. When I entered the gym I see the gym teacher, Mr. Stewart talking to some boys, great. I thought because I was a little late from changing in the bathroom. There was a locker room for the girls to change in but it was kinda weird in there especially if you were by yourself and I didn't need a heart attack, so I rather be late honestly. I rested my things on the bleachers and went over to get a basketball from the rake. When I was to grab the last ball, when someone came from behind me a picked it up before I could. It was Isaac, with that flirty smile on his face. I don't remember having this period with him, no I was sure I didn't actually.
"Isaac what are doing here?" I say while trying to grab the ball, he moved it above his head. Childish as ever. I rolled my eyes.
"I have a free period, so I decided to come here, warm up a little." He said while dribbling the between his legs. "Wanna play me?" He said holding the ball in front of me now. Again with that flirty smirk of his.
"I don't know.. maybe you should concentrate. You have a important game toda-" he cut me off.
"If you scared fine, don't use my game has an excuse." He said laughing. "You probably scared I'll beat-" I cut him off my snatching the ball.
"YoU pRobaBly sCareD.. shut up and let's play already." I say walking on to the empty court. (A/N: if you don't get the joke I just put in, sorry XD) He smiled and followed me. We got a few stares, I'm not surprised. You had the captain of the girls team and the boys second greatest player. Jordan being first.
"I'll be nice, your ball first. Game 7?" He winked at me. I nodded and threw the ball at him.
"Check it." He caught it, I threw it kinda hard but he barley even noticed. He checked it and we started playing. After a few minutes the game was tied six to six, one more point and there would be a winner. Isaac had the ball since he just scored. We were eye to eye while he dribbled the ball, putting it between his legs and behind his back. We had an audience, everyone in the gym was looking, there were even more kids in the gym now. Of course there was, the bell just rang indicating school was over. Kids must've heard other kids cheering and stuff and came. I even noticed Jordan, Jessica and Matthew. Jessica looked a little better. Now back to Isaac. He kept trying to cross me over but I wasn't falling it. And that's when he started running to the basket for a lay up. I ran too, I was going to block it. Not realizing Isaac was bigger than me in height and size. If lm not careful I'll be on the floor. And as soon as the thought came it my head, Isaac jumped up for the layup and I jumped too, still determined to block it. I nipped the ball and it went the other way. I did it, I blocked it. But the next thing that happened knocked the smile right off my face. The force from Isaac's body knocked me down on my back. And in a few seconds Isaac's body was coming my way. Oh shit, this is gonna hurt. I closed my eyes waiting for his body to meet mine, but it didn't. Instead I heard a loud grunt, when I opened my eyes Isaac was inches from my face, he stopped himself with his arms. Oh my gosh, does he know how risky that was. He had a game today and I didn't wanna be the reason why he couldn't play. I guess he noticed my concern.
"I'm fine April, are you?" His lips puckered at the end. I was staring right in his brown eyes. I nodded.
"You're real cute up close you know." He said with a smile. Isaac flirted with me all the time but it felt different, he wasn't joking. I realized where we were. We were on the floor in front of half of the school. The gym teacher came over and helped Isaac up then me, looking at us as if we had something to say. He shook his head and turned around.
"Alright everyone out my gym, shows over. Come back at 4:30 for the game though." People started to clear out, that was embarrassing.
"Guess we'll have to have a tie breaker." Isaac said turning to me. I rolled my eyes.
"Give me a time and a day, I'll be ready." We laughed a little, we lowered our laughing when we Jordan, Matthew and Jessica approached us.
"You guys alright?" Matthew asked. We nodded in unison.
"What were you thinking Isaac?" Jordan looked annoyed. What's wrong with him?
"We have a game today and the team needs you. What if you landed on your foot wrong or something?" Jordan looked him straight in the eyes.
"I was just having fun with April and I'm fine, relax." Isaac said back. Oh no, were they gonna start arguing?
"Whatever. Coach wants the team to meet in the lockers rooms." Jordan turns and heads for the door.
"I thought you said locker rooms, where you going?" Isaac yelled out but Jordan kept walking. What was that?