Run

You are my only sun,
one and only in the world

"So my mom gets home and my sister and I are just standing on the kitchen table with bed sheets tied around us like capes and strawberry jam slathered all over our faces." The guys cracked up as Hoseok brought his childhood story to an end.

All seven of them were sitting around their dorm, sprawled across every couch and armchair in their living room. It was getting pretty late at night but the guys didn't mind.

Their new music video for Run was coming out soon, which meant that in a couple days their schedules would be nothing but performance stages and variety shows. But they had a couple days off before the comeback so they were taking the time to just relax and hang out. They'd ordered a buffet of take out food and several empty bottles of soju now littered the coffee table. And after said bottles had been consumed Jin, Hoseok, and Namjoon had taken to telling amusing anecdotes about their childhoods. Somehow, every story involved getting into some sort of trouble, but the guys were all laughing boisterously and actually having a lot of fun.

Of course, as more stories were exchanged and the more the guys laughed, the more distant Yoongi grew. At first he'd been laughing right along with them, but soon enough his own childhood memories came floating back and his good mood was essentially spoiled. It wasn't that his childhood had been terrible, quite the opposite actually. But Yoongi couldn't keep his mind from flashing back to Chaerin, and that was causing his heart to ache. It was times like these, when the world around him seemed completely and perfectly happy, that he missed her the most.

"Hey Yoongi," Jimin called his name and broke Yoongi out of his thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"How come you never tell us about your life?" The question caught Yoongi off guard. It wasn't something he expected to hear and his eyebrows furrowed.

"We've known each other for years. You know plenty about my life," he rolled his eyes and scoffed a little at Jimin's silly question.

"No," now it's was Jimin's turn to roll his eyes. "I meant about your life before you were in the company, before we were all living in the dorm, before BTS. You never tell us anything about what your life was like before all that."

An uncomfortable lump was forming in Yoongi's throat and it felt like there was cotton in his mouth. "There's nothing to tell."

"Oh come on, tell us!" Taehyung chimed in. He wanted to hear about Yoongi's life too. For as long as they'd all been living together he'd never really spoken about the life he had back home.

"Seriously, there's nothing to tell. I started playing piano, I wrote music, I decided to move to Seoul, then I joined Big Hit. And somewhere in between coming to Seoul and joining the company I picnicked at Han River. That's it." Yoongi tried to keep the speech short. He knew that the longer he talked the more likely it would be that her name would slip from his mouth.

"But who did you do all that with?"

Jimin didn't even blink. He asked the question with such certainty in his voice, it was like he knew that Yoongi was leaving out the biggest piece of the puzzle.

"What?"

"All those things, they're not stuff you do alone. I mean joining the company, yeah. But a picnic at Han River? Who was with you?"