You Never Walk Alone

Though I get hurt and tired sometimes, it's alright,
because I'm next to you

The house was quiet. Grandma Min had gone over to Chaerin's house to visit her grandmother. It was certain that the two women were sitting in a couple of old arm chairs, drinking tea, and discussing things like the news or their pesky teenage grandchildren.

Meanwhile, the house was silent. But standing in the sitting room, Chaerin knew it wasn't empty. Looking around the room she noticed that the piano cover was down and there was a layer of dust on the surface. Yoongi still wasn't playing piano. She had really hoped he would pick it up again but unfortunately, she wasn't having much luck convincing him.

Chaerin spun on her fuzzy-sock-covered heels and sprinted up the steps. She had left her boots and heavy coat by the door when she came in, it was only polite. She took the steps two at a time, tripping a couple times because her legs weren't as long as she would like them to be. By the time Chaerin made it to the second floor she was panting and silently reminding herself how out of shape she was.

Once she managed to catch her breath, she walked over to the plain white door and knocked briefly before opening it and letting herself into Yoongi's bedroom. She found him in the same position he was usually in: curled up beneath the covers, sleeping. Chaerin sighed. She just didn't know how to dig him out of this depression. Some days it wasn't so bad, but other days—like today—he refused to even get out of bed.

"Yoongiii," she dragged out his name, calling him as she crept closer to the bed. He was burrowed securely beneath the covers, hiding everything but his nose and forehead from sight.

"Wake up," she whisper softly, so as not to startle him. Chaerin had learned that lesson the hard way. And though he didn't do it on purpose, Chaerin quickly figured out that pouncing on a sleeping Yoongi always ended with a bloody nose.

She sunk down beside him on the bed and slowly peeled the covers off his face.

"Yoongi wake up." No response.

Frowning, Chaerin took to gently poking Yoongi's cheeks, all the while calling for him to get up and do stuff. Eventually, he stirred a bit and grumbled a string of unintelligible swear words.

Peeling open one eye, Yoongi glared at the girl on his bed. "What?" He grunted, making Chaerin grin at him.

"Wake up, sleepy head, there's snow outside!" She cheered a bit too loudly for his taste. But then again she was always a bit too loud.

"Chae, I don't care about the snow, goodnight," he grumbled and pulled the covers back over his head, turning his back to Chaerin.

"Actually," she yanked the blankets back down, "It's good morning—well more like good noon, but that sounds weird so let's stick with good morning," she chattered aimlessly, knowing that if she bugged him enough Yoongi would have to get up.

"Oh alright!" Yoongi threw off the covers completely and slid off the bed. "I'm up now, are you happy?"

"Ecstatic," Chaerin beamed in victory and sprung up from the bed as well. "Now get dressed, we're going outside!"

Yoongi hung his head back and sighed in defeat. Some mornings he really wondered why he kept Chaerin around when she jabbered and poked him incessantly, his world would be so much more peaceful without her. Yoongi rifled through his dresser and pulled on a pair of jeans. There was a gentle tap on his shoulder. He spun around to find Chaerin smiling at him and holding out his favorite sweater.