Cypher Pt.4

Payday. Paycheck.
Rolex on my wrist

The boys sat silently at their seats. Everyone in the room was growing rather quiet with anticipation.

A loud, synthetic voice boomed through the speakers all around them.

"Hotels Combined Artist of the Year."

The massive screen that acted as a backdrop for the stage was suddenly taken up with a video montage of the nominees for the 2016 MAMA Artist of the Year Award.

EXO was first, of course they were nominated, they were brilliant artists and performers. Next was Twice and GFriend, two amazing groups, and sandwiched between them in the video reel was BTS. The boys fiddled around nervously in their seats when their group name was read out. And last, but certainly not least, was Taeyeon.

A hush fell over the crowd as the announcer held up the box that contained the winner. She took a breath and glanced around the room.

"I'll announce it now."

The boys sat in their seats, practically sweating with anxiety. They all secretly hoped they would win, but they had to acknowledge that they were in the running with some very skilled and powerful performers.

"The winner is..."

The woman on stage send a smile out to the audience and unfolded the box, slowly pulling out the hidden card. She glanced down at it and then swept her gaze around the arena before finally announcing the winner.

She smiled at the crowd.

She drew in a breath.

She held up the card.

And she read, "Bangtansonyeondan. Congratulations!"

The boys went blank for a split second. The news they were hearing could not be processed so quickly. And then it hit them.

They won.

Namjoon rose to his feet. The boys stood along with him, all except for Jimin, who had fallen against the backrest of their bench in shock. Noticing this, Yoongi put a steady hand on his shoulder and guided Jimin to stand as well.

Then suddenly all their arms were around one another. Their limbs tangled together in massive hug as they clung to each other. Jimin was doubled over, not really sure if he was laughing or crying at the moment, but they squished him into the hug anyway. 

Huge smiles of elation lit up all of their faces and they began to walk towards the stage. It seemed that Jimin was the one most shocked of them all, seeing as he walked in a daze and lagged behind the rest of he group just a bit. But Yoongi noticed this yet again and pulled the younger boy along.

Taehyung led the way across the stage, a beautiful grin gracing his lips. The other boys followed after him. It was hard to tell when their shocked laughter had transformed into tears of happiness, but nevertheless some of them were beginning to tear up.

Namjoon could hardly breathe as he walked the stretch of stage up to the microphone. The announcer woman who held the award in her hands passed it on to Namjoon. The boys all bowed gratefully to her.