I was about to yell for some help considering I was in here for a reason,but I stopped when I heard a muffled cry come from the room. I looked around and nobody was here. I thought there wasn't anybody here until I saw a door open just wide enough for me to see clearly who it was and what they were saying.

"I didn't know things were this bad." My mother cried into the phone. I didn't know who or what she was talking about, but I wasn't about to stop her from talking. I was an eavesdropper at heart.

"I just can't do it anymore. She's getting out of hand and she's ruining her life." She said, and in that moment I knew exactly who she was talking about.

Me.

"I've actually been thinking about doing that for a while now, ever since you brought it up. I think I'm gonna do it. I mean I know she won't like it but it's what's best." She said and a tear slipped down her eye.

I started to fidget at what she just said. I knew she talking about me, that I was very sure of. So what was she talking about 'it's what'sbest'? I heard her sigh as she hung up the phone. I closed my eyes for a second as I heard the door open wider and then shut completely. It wasn't until I heard her make way over to me that I opened my eyes again.

At the sight of seeing me awake she gasped in complete awe and stood there staring at me for a second. It was like she was trying to comprehend that I was awake and that it wasn't just a dream. She quickly ran out of the room and seconds later she rushed back in with a doctor.

The doctor walked over to me with a sad smile spread across her face. I was going to smile back but being the person I am I just rolled my eyes. She checked all of the monitors and made sure everything was stable with me. She was actually very nice.

"Okay, Alexandra Smith-"

"It's Alex. Please call me Alex." I cut her off. I smiled slightly at her considering she was helping me.

"Alex." She smiled. "Do you know why you are here?" She asked me.

All I could do was shake my head. I really didn't know why I was here and I was interested in knowing.

"Well, you overdosed dear. We pumped it out of your system as quick as we could. You could have died." She said and I went into shock.

It wasn't a shock as to why I overdosed because I'm actually pretty surprised that I haven't already. It was shock knowing that it happened and that I could of died. Shock that I knew I should stop but it wasn't that easy. This was an addiction. A wound that needed time to heal.

"We also did some blood work on you while you were out and we noticed that this isn't the first time you have done this drug?" She said sternly.

That's when I knew she knew exactly what I had been doing.

I had all I could do just to shake my head. I admit that I was starting to feel ashamed of myself for doing this. I knew everything that happens when you take crystal meth but I convinced myself it wouldn't hurt me. That it would just ease the pain away.

"I hope you know that you are lucky your mom found you Alex. You could have been dead by now and you wouldn't even know it.." She said.

That's when I fit the pieces together. My mother found out that I had been doing way worse then weed and cigarettes. She was talking to someone about sending me away. To a rehab probably, and I definitely was not attending such a thing.

I nodded my head at the doctor and whispered a thank you before she walked out of the room with my mother coming in the room behind her. She walked over to me and I could see the look of disappointment across her face. A little hint of sadness. I mean I wouldn't blame her. Who wouldn't be upset when your daughter is a no good, alcoholic, smoker and drug abuser?

She sat on a chair beside me and put her hand on mine and squeezed it. I knew she was mad at me and she did all she could do to keep that anger in. At least for the mean time. I couldn't keep the thoughts out of my head. I was eager to know what she was talking about on the phone. Where she was sending me. So I did my best a swallowed my pride.

"Are you sending me to rehab?" I asked.

I looked away from her and stared at the white wall on the other side of the room. I could feel her squeeze my hand as if she wasn't sure of what to say. But she said it. And I wish she never did.

"No, Alex. I'm sending you to live with Pattie. You're going to be going on tour with her and Justin."

•••

twitter; @kidrauhlsalien