IT'S NOT A FASHION STATEMENT, IT'S A DEATHWISH

XIII

XIII

Lay still like the dead from the razor to the rosary, we could lose ourselves and paint these walls in pitchfork red.❞▶MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE

BETHANY TURNED AROUND IN THE MIRROR, admiring the way the dress clung to her body. The silky fabric was soft and untainted, in striking contrast to Bethany herself.

Sophie sat on the bed next to Kristal, observing the way her sister turned around. This was one of Bethany's four wedding dress choices and, by far her favorite.

Even she couldn't help but marvel at the sheer black fabric that covered her frail arms up to her hands, where the fabric narrowed into one thin vine that swirled around her middle finger, keeping the entire sleeve in place. The entire dress was black, as matter of fact. What else would one expect from Bethany?

The silky black fabric was simply alluring, falling below her waist in mysterious dark tufts. She looked absolutely beautiful.

Bethany looked uncomfortable, to say the least. And not because of the dress. It was far beyond physical discomfort that Bethany was clearly enduring. But that was to be expected; after all, she was getting married to a man she had technically only known for a month or so.

Still, she twirled her hips and watched how the fabric bounced.

Kristal had practically jumped at the chance of being able to use her newfound mind powers. So, naturally, when Bethany had claimed she wanted a black wedding dress she took immediate action. She first had Bethany strip down to her underclothes before imagining a slimming black gown on her nervous body.

Sure enough, it had appeared.

But the response elicited from Bethany was not what Kristal wanted, and so she tried again, and again, and again until she got it right.

"It's okay," Bethany shrugged, the lace patterns around her neck shifting as she did so. "I like it."

Kristal sighed, placing her hands on her hips, "You've been saying that for the last hour. Make up your mind."

Bethany visibly fought the urge to roll her eyes. "I like this one the best out of all of them. Happy?"

"Very," Kristal replied.

Sophie's phone rang, alerting an incoming phone call. She held up a finger as if to say 'hold on a minute' and turned away, pressing the green answer button.

"Hey, Jill, what's up?" She asked into the microphone, hearing some muffled shifting noise in the background.

Jill seemed to be crying, "Sophie, please!"

Her breathing audibly picked up. Sophie heard the strained wheezes coming from the older Smith twin's lungs through her end of the receiver.

"Jill, Calm down, okay?" As the words left her lips, Jill's breathing slowed down. It wasn't by much, however. "Okay. Now tell me what happened."