READY TO GO

II

II

You've got these little things that you've been running from, you either love it or I guess you don't. You're such a pretty thing to be running from anyone; a vision with nowhere to go.❞►PANIC! AT THE DISCO

JACK WENT TO REACH OUT FOR HER BUT SHE WAS ALREADY GONE. The trees made way for her as she ran, pulling themselves back and carving a path in the woods that surely couldn't have been there before. Jack ran right on after her.

Sophie rolled her eyes, cursing Jack Smith and his nose for trouble. She ran behind him nonetheless, pulling the skirts of her dress up so her feet would not get stuck on them.

As the three running people dove deeper into the darkness the moon hid behind the trees. This didn't seem to stop either of them, however, as they padded gently across the cold floor of the forest.

It was then Sophie realized that she could be dreaming.

Her theory certainly made more sense than anything leading up to right now.

Even if it was a dream, she knew it might have been some sort of premonition, because she never had dreams quite as vivid as the one she could be having right now. And given the current circumstances at home, she wasn't sure she wanted to wake up.

Jack, who had been acting out of sorts ever since his episode at the fair, was now back to his normal perky-minded self, and Bethany seemed to be having the time of her life at the party.

She was ---- quite literally ---- pulled out of her thoughts when Jack tugged her arm in another direction, shouting something about how they had to find her.

Sophie didn't like the idea of running after someone they had not even met a minute ago--- hell, she didn't necessarily like the idea of running either, but that's beside the point.

Her friend halted to an abrupt stop, leaving Sophie to stumble back to her feet after she collided with his back as he stayed foot in place.

"I thought you were dead," Jack growled stepping forward so he was within arm's length with the lady. "Jill, why did you lie to me?"

The tension between the two was so thick that, as Jack had once said, even Nicki Minaj would be jealous.

The woman spun around, and Sophie could not see her face through the veil but she knew the lady held great beauty. "That's where you're wrong, Sparky. Now let me go."

"Let you go? Let you go? I just found you--- after four years--- and you mean to tell me you want me to just let you go?" Jack snapped back, barely short of a shout.