《19》 ♢ Accepted?

"Y/N-ah, since you are already here why don't you join us for the meal? I would be more than happy to have another person to accompany me for my birthday." June's mum asked as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

She is so kind! I just couldn't turn down her offer.

So I ended up staying over for the birthday party as well. I was surprised actually, as I didn't experience any awkwardness with his family, opposite of what I thought initially.

They treated me like their own family and for some reason, I was happy.

Does that mean that they approve me as June's girlfriend..?

I couldn't help but to blush at the thought and a smile crept to my lips.

After the meal, I helped out to clear the table and wash the dishes because well, this is what my mum always told me to do when imposing at other people's house. She would said, it's manner and it's very important to do so.

"Girl, you are so sweet. I guessed my son made a right choice afterall. I wouldn't mind at all if he married you one day. In fact, that would be my blessings." June's mum half-joked as she came along to help me with the dishes.

I shrugged in response as I smiled back at her. I didn't know what to reply.

"What are you both talking about?" June suddenly popped out and entered the kitchen.

"Aunty's telling me how much of a brat you were since you were a kid until now." I joked as I looked over to aunty in which she shared my joke and we chuckled together.

"Omma how could you?! I'm your beloved son and you're telling bad about me to an outsider?" June whined and pouted.

I laughed harder at the brat now acting like a kid to his mother.

"Why does it matter? She's gonna be one of us sooner or later anyway."

Junhoe and I exchanged glances as we looked away, embarrassed.

"Omma, what are you talking about..." Junhoe's eyes darted everywhere as he started to rub on his earlobe.