《17》 ♢ Family

"Yah pabo! The oil will spill if your french fries are too wet!"

"Stop stop stop! The flour coating is too thick for the fried chicken!"

"Where's the nuggets?"

"Gosh, can you be more helpful?"

And endless eye-rolling.

These only proved to me that it was a very wrong thought of mine that maybe this rich brat here could offer some help.

The kitchen was literally in a big mess after we've finished with the preparations. I pity but at the same time thankful to Junhoe's housemaid as they had to clean up the mess we made.

The clock showed 6pm and Junhoe told me that by right his mum will be arriving in 6.30pm, so I still had time to leave.

I removed the apron and handed it to the housemaid as I dusted some flour off my body.

"Luckily we managed to finish up on time. And don't forget the cherry cake we bought in the fridge."

I rubbed away the sweat on my forehead as I reminded Junhoe one last time.

"Gomawo. Didn't expect that you're this good." He smirked at me.

"Well, it's Kim Y/N so it just can't be helped." I shrugged my shoulders as I acted proud.

"Thumbs up!" He put up both his thumbs as he grinned at me.

Well, if he could grin like this everyday I think I'm gonna fall for him every minute.

I gave him a smile as I slowly made my way to the front door, preparing to leave.

"Or maybe you wanna... like.. stay and celebrate together with us?" He scratched the nape of his neck, avoiding my eye contact as he asked.

Is he awkward now?

That was...

Kinda cute.

"And you're gonna introduce me as what to your family? Your 2-week-girlfriend? Nah, I'll better be get going or things is gonna get awkward later then. So save it, I'll just leave."

Yes, it would be awkward if I met his family. And I am not really good at handling situations like this.

I waved a hand at him as I turned on the doorknob.

My eyes widened as I looked at the two women in front of me, and they were as shocked as me as well.