Chapter 11: Next Level

Start from the beginning

“It’s okay. We’re here. I’m here,” I told her and kissed her forehead.

“Jec, how’s our baby?” She asked worriedly.

“You’re alright as well as the baby,” I told her.

She mirrored the look that Toni and I had when we heard the news.

“Everything’s alright baby. Don’t worry,” I soothed her.

“What happened Ate?” Toni asked as he settled himself at the chair on the other side.

Anna reminisced. “I was thirsty and I went to the kitchen. Then I wanted to call Jeric. I was dialing Jeric’s number then I felt the kitchen island on my stomach. It hurts. When I looked down, there was blood. Then I saw my phone was in call with Jeric’s. I tried to talk to him then Toni was there.”

“I should have not left you alone at home,” I said, not to her or Toni, but to myself.

If anything happened to her and to our baby, there’s no one to be blamed but myself.

“Jec, it’s not your fault.” Anna assured me.

I looked down.

“Ahia,” Jeron called.

“Shoti,” I lifted my face and found my brother.

“Achi, how are you?” Jeron turned to Anna.

“I’m fine now and the baby,” Anna answered.

My brother looked relieved and he turned to me.

“Ahia, I already told Mom what happened. They will come here daw,” Jeron announced.

“I’ll also call Mom and Dad.” Toni said and stood up.

“Jeric, I’m scared. I thought I lo-lost…” Anna said and her tears are on the verge.

“Shhh… It’s alright. Our baby is safe,” I tried to assure Anna.

Anna couldn’t contain her tears so I immediately reached for her and enveloped her in my arms. She sob silently.

My parents were first to arrive and Anna’s parents arrived shortly. Toni talked to them and relayed everything.

“Anna, what do you feel now?” Tita Belle asked and went to her daughter’s side.

“I’m okay, Mom.” Anna answered.

The parents fussed over Anna as we watched them.

There’s a thought that came to mind while they talk. I calculated everything in my mind, thought of what might happen and the consequences.

“Excuse me po,” I said then all eyes were directed to me.

“I’m thinking po,” I said as I walked to Anna’s side and held her hand for support.

She looked up to me in confusion but remained silent.

“Jeric?” Tito Alberto urged.

“I want to take care of Anna po,” I said.

They all shoot me with a confused look.

 “What do you mean Jeric?” Tita Belle asked.

“I’ve been thinking that everybody’s busy… not that I mean something… and Anna’s been left alone most of the time… and one of my sponsor pledge me a condominium near the gym we are practicing when I signed to endorse their product… my practices only takes a couple of hours and my games only takes an hour to two… so I guess I can very well take care of her,” I bare got that out while tangling and untangling my fingers.